Re: Petroglyphs again: Ken Ham today & Ockham's razor!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
      Todd,

      Thanks for offering up a rebuttal to Ken Ham's rebuttal regarding the petroglyph.

      I may have more to say later, but I wanted to quickly note the following:

      I wrote, in part:

      > Dinosaur 1 at Kachina Bridge is
      > best explained as a dinosaur.
      >
      >> Ken Ham

      You were more exacting and noted:

      > This was written by Ishmael Abrahams,
      > not Ken Ham. Here is a detailed response
      > to Abrahams' diatribe.
      >
      >> Todd Greene

      For what it's worth, I have had the habit recently of ascribing to Ken Ham that which he posts approvingly.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Greene" <greeneto@...> wrote, in his closing remarks:

        > ...most people won't even deal with young
        > earth creationists and their
        >
        >> profuse,
        >> interminable,
        >> obstinate nonsense.
        >
        > You have to wade through reams of irrelevant
        >
        >> crap,
        >> lies,
        >> fallacies,
        >> innuendo,
        >
        > and so on - and you're typically dealing
        > with people who are
        >
        >> utterly close-minded,
        >
        >> who have less than zero intention
        >> of changing anything they think
        >> based on actual, good evidence,
        >> based on genuine science,
        >
        >> people who have every intention
        >> of continuing to believe what
        >> they believe, and
        >
        >> pushing bogus claims and
        >
        >> using fallacious arguments,
        >
        > no matter what the facts are.

        While there are many examples where the above is played out in "relative" degree, my mind was turned to Goldsmith and his most recent demonstrations in proof of the above observations by Todd.

        Longsuffering that I am, however, I am going to wait a little longer in hopes that "Mark" will reappear and take up where I left off trying to help him get started with the lead he seemed so desperate to take.