Hattiesburg Baptist Minister/WCU Student addresses age issue!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      (Former WCU student, that is)

      He just recently joined that discussion list. Not clear where the discussion might end up.

      Here's what he has had to say recently:

      ---------------------------------------

      http://www.myhattiesburg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1381815#post1381815

      From: JRG39402
      To: MyHattiesburg
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011

      Subject: Logical...

      Genesis1:1-2

      > 1 In the beginning God created
      > the heavens and the earth.
      >
      > 2 The earth was formless and empty,
      > and darkness covered the deep waters.
      > And the Spirit of God was hovering
      > over the surface of the waters.

      It is possible that there is a gap of time in between those two verses.

      So I have no reason to doubt what the current science says on the age.

      That being said, I don't think the scientists themselves are very sure of how old it is.

      (Later, he followed up with the following.-RLBaty)

      From: JRG39402
      To: MyHattiesburg
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011

      I am open to debate on the issue.

      I am not discrediting the scientists that say things are much younger.

      I happen to think Answers in Genesis is a good ministry.

      But I guess the concept I am trying to get across is this Christian principle:

      > In the essentials, Christians have unity.
      > In the nonessentials, Christians have liberty.
      > In all things, we show charity.

      -----------------------------------
      -----------------------------------

      The identity of the fellow and his church was not too hard to figure out. It's no big secret.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
        JRG has now opened an introduction thread and identified himself.

        See:

        http://www.myhattiesburg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1381823#post1381823

        From: JRG39402
        To: MyHattiesburg
        Date: Friday, April 1, 2011

        From: JRG39402
        To: MyHattiesburg
        Date: Friday, April 1, 2011

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011
          In reviewing JRG's Baptist church connections, it appears that not only he but all of the leadership of his new church have connections to William Carey University (WCU) in Hattiesburg as well as New Orleans Baptist Seminary.

          See:

          http://grovechurch.com/about-us/pastors-and-staff/

          Small world!

          Interesting, given all those connections, that the church website and JRG's comments give no indication of a committment to young-earth creation-science or the proposition that "nothing is more than a few thousand years old".

          I wonder if Ken Ham knows about that!

          From: JRG39402
          To: MyHattiesburg
          Date: Friday, April 1, 2011