Hitchins on "60 Minutes" Tonight!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2011
      ------As Reported Elsewhere-----------------------

      Christopher Hitchens on '60 Minutes'

      Author, Vanity Fair columnist and former
      cable news mainstay Christopher Hitchens
      discusses his battle with stage 4 esophageal
      cancer tonight on "60 Minutes."

      > "I am a member of a cancer elite.
      > I rather look down on people with
      > lesser cancers,"

      jokes Hitchens with correspondent Steve Kroft.

      The author of "God is not Great" tells Kroft about his diagnosis just nine months ago:

      > "I was very afraid it would stop me
      > writing. And I was really petrified
      > with fear about that because I thought
      > that would, among all things, diminish
      > my will to live becauseĀ…being a writer's
      > what I am rather than what I do."

      Kroft's interview airs tonight on "60 Minutes."