Re: [coCBanned] Re: comments on Jason Lisle's cosmology

  • PIASAN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2011
      This was a copy of a post sent to Dave Bowman on a couple other lists. When I asked for "Dave" to comment, the request was directed at him, not David Willis.

      That said, comments by Willis are more than welcome....

      Willis said:
      I read the abstract only and his model assumes that the U was created instantly mature...and then he addresses the light issues. I think you would have a problem with the mature creation idea even IF he had some relativity means of solving the light issue. Isn't that right?
      *******
      Pi:
      Pretty much. He also rejects "apparent age" for pretty much the same reasons I do.

      His whole paper is an exercise in apologetics in keeping with the YEC position that their interpretation of Genesis MUST be true and that all evidence to the contrary is invalid BY DEFINITION. This is clearly demonstrated by the extensive discussion of why it isn't possible to test his claim, though I've already posted two simple ways to perform such a test.