Re: [coCBanned] Pi still stalling on RH's white hole time dilation

  • PIASAN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 8:23 PM
      DW here
      And why am *I* not surprised you still haven't found time to properly address the white hole idea from RH?
      #####
      Pi:
      I did. I told you that the instant I did the calculations and found that when the diameter of the universe is only one billion light years, time on Earth would pass at a rate of less than 8x that of the rest of the universe, it was game, set, and match. Humphryes' model fails.

      Based on the way you blew that off, I guess you didn't fully understand the implications..... let's see if I can explain...

      The most distant objects in the universe are over 12 billion light years.from Earth and traveling near the speed of light. Even at that velocity, it would take 11 billion years for them to travel from 1 to 12 billion light years. Since the rate of time passage on Earth at one billion light years is less than 8x that of those objects, it would take light from them more than 1.3 billion years, in Earth's reference frame, to reach us. As I said.... game, set, and match.

      David:
      All you said so far was it would cause things to get ripped apart (but I showed it would not)
      #####
      Pi:
      That became a moot point as soon as I actually did the time dilation calculation.

      David:
      and then you said it would HAVE to mean the earth would be heated up too much,
      #####
      Pi:
      Let's set the record straight on this one. YOU suggested a universe 30x smaller. I simply applied that to the solar system (which is, after all, part of the universe) and pointed out if the sun were 30x closer, we would get 900x the energy from the sun we do now. (In fact, Earth over 10x closer to the sun than the planet Mercury.) I'm not going to bother trying to calculate what would happen but would be willing to bet life would be vaporized very quickly.

      David:
      and then I answered that objection as well.
      #####
      Pi:
      Yeah.... by completely ignoring that Humphreys' model is alleged to work within the scientific bounds of Einstein's theories and invoking multiple miracles. IIRC, you also said the sun didn't have to be 30x closer. OK, fine. how far was the sun? How far from Earth did this expansion begin?

      David:
      You ADMITTED that there WOULD be massive time dilation if the U was bounded and cosmic objects passed through an event horizon while Earth was inside the white hole.
      #####
      Pi:
      More precisely, I said that with a universe of the suggested mass and the Earth at the center as long as the mass was within 470 million light years (IIRC) of Earth. I also said that spreading that mass out to a billion light years would reduce Earth time dilation to less than 8x that at the edge.

      David:
      That does solve your objection re. light from stars/supernovas...without using "apparent age."
      #####
      Pi:
      Not by a long shot. The most distant supernova is over 11 billion light years from Earth. Why don't you describe for us how it gets from 1 billion to 11 billion in only 6000 Earth years.... keeping in mind my previous calculation.

      We can even look closer to home.... Sn1987a would have a time dilation factor similar to Earth's since, by galactic standards, it's pretty lose. At 167,000 ly with an 8x time dilation factor, it would take at least 20,000 (Earth) years for light from that event to reach Earth.

      David:
      I guess you have time for patty-caking but not for meaningful discussion.
      #####
      Pi:
      The comment about Jerry took less than 5 minutes. I spent more time than that on some sentences in this post.....