Re: Why does Mat run away from the truth?

  • Todd S. Greene <greeneto@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2003
      --- In Maury_and_Baty, "Mathew Maury" (who isn't) wrote (post #213):
      [snip]
      > My intent was
      > to indicate that if a fool does not attend to the clear words of
      > the greater (God), then he would hardly listen to such an
      > obscure plebeian as myself.
      [snip]

      > I see that our discussion has awakened another member of this
      > list. His repeated charge that I am a liar violates the rules of
      > honorable controversy. I find his presumptive and arrogant post
      > to be quite acrid. I will not indulge his personal reflections on
      > my private character.
      [snip]

      Hi, Mat.

      First of all, I wasn't speaking about your private character, I
      referred specifically to a public statement you made.

      Second, Jesus condemned people to hell for calling others "fool." As
      far as I know Jesus did not condemn anyone for pointing out that
      someone was lying. In fact, Jesus pointed out some liars himself, and
      there are many statements in the Bible condemning lying.

      I have different approaches for different people, Mat, and I really
      think I've got your number. The reason you ignored the things I
      pointed out in this post

      is because you can't handle the truth - and you know it. And it is
      *because* you know that you can't handle the truth that when you
      wrote this in your post #210

      > The truth has
      > already been revealed that the entire creation took place in six
      > days. We do not have to wait for the flickering candle of science
      > groping in the dark to discover this! Those 'scientists' who deny
      > this truth have little credibility when they attempt to interpret
      > physical facts to support their misconceptions.

      you were lying about that too!

      But that's all right, Mat. We already know that young earth
      creationists like you just aren't interested the truth, because you
      demonstrate it every time you use these kinds of blatantly false
      statements from your rhetorical toolbox.

      Sincerely,
      Todd S. Greene
      http://www.creationism.cc/
    • Todd S. Greene <greeneto@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 28, 2003
        Hi, everyone.

        We know that "Mathew Maury" is using a pseudonym, but it just this
        moment dawned on me that I shouldn't be too surprised if he also
        happens to be a non-YEC who is pretending to be a YEC.

        In which case, the joke's on me!

        Regards,
        Todd Greene