Re: Global flood? Oh Gene. . .!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2003
      David, you wrote:

      > You seem to say that a sound
      > hermeneutical approach to the text
      > indicates there was NOT a recent
      > global flood.

      > You have to stand on your head to
      > say that.

      > An atheist would eat you alive.

      I'm not standing on my head! Wasn't it a question I gave? David,
      surely you are aware that many religious minded folks think they have a
      sound hermeneutical principle and they don't conclude with a recent,
      global flood interpretation of the text.

      Farrell Till didn't "eat me alive". As a matter of fact, he backed out
      of the debate we were supposed to have on the existence of God. :o)

      David Willis, you wrote:

      > If the apparent historical account of
      > a worldwide global flood in recent
      > times is not intended by God to be
      > received by us as actual history then
      > you have to think God is a heinous
      > deceiver.

      > THAT makes a better case for "God
      > must be a deceiver" than any argument
      > you make against apparent age.

      >Right Atheist Todd?

      Well, I don't know if Todd will take that up. I suggest you also ask
      the question of Gene Lipscomb.

      Gene, do you care to respond to David's question/observation?