There goes "Goliath", hardy as ever!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Following is a link and an excerpt from another's recent post to
      Todd's list (I am not the one involved in that discussion):

      > From: Dave Oldridge
      > Date: Fri Aug 1, 2003
      > Subject: Re: The Case For Creation - Fossil Record

      > You have no evidence that the literal interpretation
      > of Genesis is valid. There is plenty of physical
      > evidence that it is not, yet you reject it a priori.
      > What do you expect to do with the physical evidence?
      > It isn't going away.

      Yes, there he is; "Goliath" going about the business. Don't you
      think?

      Surely, you see "Goliath" in Dave's approach to the issue.

      "Goliath of GRAS"

      Major premise:

      If God's word (the text) says everything began over a period of six
      days, is interpreted by some to mean it was six 24-hour days
      occurring a few thousand years ago, and there is empirical evidence
      that things are actually much older than a few thousand years, then
      the interpretation of the text by some is wrong.

      Minor premise:

      God's word (the text) says everything began over a period of six days,
      is interpreted by some to mean it was six 24-hour days occurring a few
      thousand years ago, and there is empirical evidence that things are
      actually much older than a few thousand years.

      Conclusion:

      The interpretation of the text by some is wrong.