Benny Hinn "shocked", "shocked"!

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      ----------Forwarded Article-------------

      Benny Hinn 'Shocked' by Divorce Papers
      By Audrey Barrick
      Christian Post Reporter

      (excerpts)

      After more than 30 years of marriage, faith healer Benny Hinn may be heading to divorce court.

      Benny Hinn Ministries on Thursday confirmed that his wife, Suzanne Hinn, filed a petition for divorce in Orange County Superior Court on Feb. 1.

      She cited irreconcilable differences.

      Though the couple separated on Jan. 26, according to court papers, the organization released a statement expressing shock.

      > "Pastor Benny Hinn and his
      > immediate family were shocked
      > and saddened to learn of this
      > news without any previous notice,"

      said Don Price, longtime senior advisor to Benny Hinn Ministries.

      For years, Hinn has been a subject of scrutiny by the media and recently the government for the miraculous healings he claims to perform and the lavish lifestyle he leads.

      ...Hinn admitted to ABC News recently that he doesn't have medical verification of the healings.

      He also told ABC he has no misgivings about the comfortable lifestyle – a private jet, fancy hotel stays, and a multimillion-dollar home – he leads.

      > "Look, you know there's this idea
      > supposedly that we preachers are
      > supposed to walk about with sandals
      > and ride bicycles.
      >
      > That's nonsense,"

      he said.

      Hinn is currently under a Senate investigation for possible financial misconduct.

    • Todd Greene
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
        "miraculous healings he claims to perform"

        That should be *fraudulent* healings.

        Not so incidentally, the ONLY reason it isn't called fraudulent is SOLELY because it's connected to religious belief. Through long cultural tradition religious believers have carved out special exemptions for themselves not only from critical scrutiny of the beliefs and ideas they promote but also from actions that would be treated as civil or criminal infractions by anyone else.

        - Todd Greene