Re: The Christian Post "Goliath of YEC" by "Prophet"!

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010
      It looks like the NOT-"David" folks of the Christian Post have been sneaking over here to see what's up.

      Still no "David" from the Christian Post!

      > And David said to Saul...
      > thy servant will go and fight...

      They won't "come out" and there's no "fight" in my Christian Post adversaries, just an UNholy spirit content to wax UNgodly in the face of my "Goliath of GRAS".

      Yet, they are still invited to "come out" to "fight".

      We have the "Goliath of GRAS" of RLBaty ready to battle the "Goliath of YEC" as offered by the Christian Post's "Prophet", with supporting cast in "savagewords", "believer", "lpepperw", et al.

      Here's an excerpt from a recent post supporting my observations above:

      > From: "savagewords"
      > To: Christian Post
      > Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010
      > Time: 8:45 PM MT
      >
      > Subject: Religion debate...
      >
      > I ("savagewords") see him (RLBaty)
      > over in his private lair...

      And so it appears the 8th year of this list will come to an end with my "Goliath of GRAS" standing victorious over the host of Christian Post wannabe "David" sorts.

      If any wonder about the fundamental reasons why young-earth creation-science has failed in its scientific pretentions and legal challenges, they can see them demonstrated in my efforts to discuss these important public issues with the Christian Post "faithful".

      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty60@...> wrote:

      Here's the message I posted to two of the related webpages of the Christian Post:

      -----------------------------

      Someone recently suggested I needed to get out of the house. - - -

      Matthew 7:1,2
      James 3:1

      And so it is I make the same offer to my Christian Post adversaries and others who may wish to take up the discussion of the "Goliath of YEC" that "Prophet" is not "man-up" to engaging.

      I have taken the "Goliath of YEC" as proposed by "Prophet" out for a walk in the fresh air, and there is a standing invitation to others to engage the discussion in such open, honest, fresh air.

      Here's the link:

      Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      If you are into YAHOO!, you can sign in and simply utilize the "post" and/or "reply" features found at the above link.

      See you there...or not!

      Thanks again for adding a valuable chapter to the historical record as to why young-earth creation-science promoters have failed in their scientific pretentions and legal challenges.

      Keep looking for those headlines.

      --------------------------------
      --------------------------------

      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty60@> wrote:

      Amidst all the foolish folks who frequent the Christian Post readers' comments message boards, one likened unto Terry W. Benton has become the champion of the young-earth creation-science promoters there and has offered an argument that he has named the "Goliath of YEC" as if it could compete with my "Goliath of GRAS".

      And as with Terry W. Benton, as I proposed to accept and consider his argument, step by step and concurrently with a discussion of the "Goliath of GRAS", "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his "Goliath of YEC" and again resorted to multiplying, "Goldsmith-like", his foolish comments.

      Since "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his creation, while pursuing foolish antics, I am bringing his "Goliath of YEC" out into the real world, for the record and for possible discussion thereof here.

      Here's the link and text of the "Goliath of YEC" as set forth by "Prophet", one of the most prolific of Christian Post commentators (RL is RLBaty):

      http://www.christianpost.com/article/20101127/religion-debate-pits-blair-against-hitchens/

      The "Goliath of YEC" by "Prophet"

      Major Premise:

      > If (A) RL says that the earth
      > is older than 6,000 years old,
      >
      > and
      >
      > if (B) RL's claim is to be interpreted
      > by some to mean that it is older than
      > 6,000 years old,
      >
      > and
      >
      > if (C) there is empirical evidence
      > that it is only 6,000 years,
      >
      > then (D) the interpretation of
      > RL is wrong.

      Minor Premise:

      > (A) RL says that the earth
      > is older than 6,000 years old,
      >
      > and
      >
      > (B) RL's claim is to be interpreted
      > by some to mean that it is older than
      > 6,000 years old,
      >
      > and
      >
      > (C) there is empirical evidence
      > that it is only 6,000 years.

      Conclusion:

      > (D) The interpretation of
      > RL is wrong.

      Most familiar with such things, will readily recognize the foolishness of "Prophet's" cheap imitation of my "Goliath of GRAS".

      Perhaps I will post details regarding my analysis later.

      I will submit a link to this message to the Christian Post message board(s) in case some there might want to "get out of the house" for some fresh air and take up a discussion here about the latest, failed contender against my "Goliath of GRAS".

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
        My ministry to the Christian Post appears to have come to a most successful conclusion:

        > No "David" there!
        > Still no "David"!
        > My "Goliath of GRAS"...still the one to beat!

        For those interested in that website and its readers' comments activity, you can review a summary of all readers' comments on all subjects there at the following link:

        > http://www.christianpost.com/comments/

        You can also review separately a summary of an individual readers' comments by going, for example, to the following links:

        > http://www.christianpost.com/comments/RLBaty/
        > http://www.christianpost.com/comments/Prophet/
        > http://www.christianpost.com/comments/Savagewords/

        You can just change the name in the above links to the one you want to review. You can also just click on the person's ID icon on the separate webpages where readers' comments are posted.

        I did have some supporters over there, though they were infrequent contributors to the exchanges with my UNholy spirited (e.g., "Prophet", "savagewords", et al) adversaries.

        I appreciated the contribution from my supporters there.

        That history adds yet another chapter to the history of the "Goliath of GRAS", its historic place in the popular public debate over the merits of young-earth creation-science, and demonstrates yet again the lack of moral and rational standing of certain young-earth creation-science promoters (e.g., "Prophet", "savagewords", et al).

        The Christian Post folk, however, have an outstanding invitation to take up whatever interests them in this venue.

> [...]

        And as with Terry W. Benton, as I proposed to accept and consider his argument, step by step and concurrently with a discussion of the "Goliath of GRAS", "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his "Goliath of YEC" and again resorted to multiplying, "Goldsmith-like", his foolish comments.

        Since "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his creation, while pursuing foolish antics, I am bringing his "Goliath of YEC" out into the real world, for the record and for possible discussion thereof here.

        Here's the link and text of the "Goliath of YEC" as set forth by "Prophet", one of the most prolific of Christian Post commentators (RL is RLBaty):

        Minor Premise:

        > (A) RL says that the earth
        > is older than 6,000 years old,
        >
        > and
        >
        > (B) RL's claim is to be interpreted
        > by some to mean that it is older than
        > 6,000 years old,
        >
        > and
        >
        > (C) there is empirical evidence
        > that it is only 6,000 years.

        Conclusion:

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
          Here's a recent post from Ketch22 of the Christian Post and my posted response:

          --------------------------------------

          > From: Ketch22
          > To: Christian Post
          > Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010
          > Time: 12:15 PM MT
          >
          > Subject: Religion debate...
          >
          > (1)
          > Is the "Goliath of GRAS" so constructed that
          > if its premises are true then its conclusion
          > will follow as true therefrom?
          >
          > Yet the premise isn't true therefore the
          > conclusion has no starting point.
          >
          > (2)
          > Is the major premise of the "Goliath of
          > GRAS", given the stipulations and the
          > force and effect sound, biblical,
          > common-sense reasoning, true?
          >
          > No.
          >
          > Ketch22

          Thanks, Ketch22, for the further demonstration that my adversaries here don't posses the requisite skills in sound, biblical, common-sense reasoning to engage the discussion of these important issues.

          The invitation remains outstanding, Ketch22!

          If you ever "get out of the house", feel free to come around and we can discuss your problems as identified above and/or whatever other mutual interests we might share.

          Here's the link:

          See you there, or not!

          My further comments:

          Sounds like so much of what we have so many time before, from the likes of Jerry D. McDonald, Terry W. Benton, et al.

          Still no Christian Post folk willing to "come out"!

> [...]

          And as with Terry W. Benton, as I proposed to accept and consider his argument, step by step and concurrently with a discussion of the "Goliath of GRAS", "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his "Goliath of YEC" and again resorted to multiplying, "Goldsmith-like", his foolish comments.

          Since "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his creation, while pursuing foolish antics, I am bringing his "Goliath of YEC" out into the real world, for the record and for possible discussion thereof here.

          Here's the link and text of the "Goliath of YEC" as set forth by "Prophet", one of the most prolific of Christian Post commentators (RL is RLBaty):

          Minor Premise:

          > (A) RL says that the earth
          > is older than 6,000 years old,
          >
          > and
          >
          > (B) RL's claim is to be interpreted
          > by some to mean that it is older than
          > 6,000 years old,
          >
          > and
          >
          > (C) there is empirical evidence
          > that it is only 6,000 years.

          Conclusion:

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
            "Prophet", one of the many anonymous cowards of the Christian Post website, reported to be fellow resident of Fort Collins, CO, and creator of the "Goliath of YEC" reported here, has responded to my message to "Ketch22" with the following message:

            http://www.christianpost.com/article/20101127/religion-debate-pits-blair-against-hitchens/

            > From: "Prophet"
            > To: Christian Post
            > Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010
            > Time: 4:00 PM MT
            >
            > Subject: Religion debate...
            >
            > Ketch,
            >
            > (F)or someone who says that we
            >
            >> "don't posses the requisite skills
            >> in sound, biblical, common-sense
            >> reasoning to engage the discussion
            >> of these important issues",
            >
            > he (RLBaty) sure doesn't want to
            > discuss anything with us.
            >
            > That's because he knows he can't beat
            > YEC.
            >
            > GRAS has been weighed and found
            > wanting....badly.

            That's fairly tame compared to his typical antics and demonstrated UNholy spirit and irrationality. For details, one can check the Christian Post archives of "Prophet" messages at:

            http://www.christianpost.com/comments/Prophet/

            Yet, he and other Christian Post folk are invited to "come out" and discuss here whatever it is that might be of interest to them...and maybe me.

            Apart from further posting my invitation for them to "come out", where appropriate, I do not plan to further banter with my adversaries there; "answer not a fool...", "pearls before swine", and all of that (see Christian Post archives for further details)!

            Matthew 7:1,2
            James 3:1

            Still no "David" there!
            Still no "David" here!
> [...]

            And as with Terry W. Benton, as I proposed to accept and consider his argument, step by step and concurrently with a discussion of the "Goliath of GRAS", "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his "Goliath of YEC" and again resorted to multiplying, "Goldsmith-like", his foolish comments.

            Since "Prophet" has abandoned a defense of his creation, while pursuing foolish antics, I am bringing his "Goliath of YEC" out into the real world, for the record and for possible discussion thereof here.

            Here's the link and text of the "Goliath of YEC" as set forth by "Prophet", one of the most prolific of Christian Post commentators (RL is RLBaty):

            Minor Premise:

            > (A) RL says that the earth
            > is older than 6,000 years old,
            >
            > and