"Goliath" lives yet!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 4:45 AM
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <dokimadzo@c...>
      wrote, in part:

      > My (Michael's) FACTS, i.e., the stones, have been
      > seen as much more than "nerf" balls. This is sure.
      >
      > Best of luck trying to deny any of them!
      > Goliath has been slain by the FACTS of "david."

      Alas, what Michael seems so sure of is not so "sure". "Goliath" yet
      lives. If anything, all that Michael appears to have proposed is
      that sometimes science deals with inexactitude.

      Michael has as much as admitted that there is, indeed, ungetoverable
      evidence of things being more than a few thousand years old. Given
      repeated opportunities to do otherwise, he has simply failed to meet
      his "burden of going forward with the evidence". His plaintiff cry
      of "self-defense" has fallen short of convincing because he has
      presented nothing upon which such a defense might be seen as
      credible. We dealt with that in previous posts which Michael failed
      to reasonably respond to.

      Michael has presented no evidence or argument, for whatever reason,
      for believing there is evidence for a young-earth/universe.
      He "knows" the evidence for an ancient order of things is evident.
      His only observable quibble is over just how ancient, as far as I can
      tell.

      So, the "reality" of it seems to be that he is simply in agreement
      with "Goliath".

      "Goliath" is the argument that appropriately deals with what is being
      fussed about when the YEC issue is discussed.

      Michael, like James, seems to believe like James that if he repeats
      often enough that "Goliath" has been slain some folks will believe
      it. Indeed, there does appear to be many YEC sympathizers who have
      no idea how out of touch they are with "reality".

      "Goliath" lives; look around!

      There, there he is:

      "Goliath of GRAS"

      > Major premise:

      > If God's word (the text) says everything began
      > over a period of six days, is interpreted by
      > some to mean it was six 24-hour days occurring
      > a few thousand years ago, and there is empirical
      > evidence that things are actually much older
      > than a few thousand years, then the interpretation
      > of the text by some is wrong.

      > Minor premise:

      > God's word (the text) says everything began over
      > a period of six days, is interpreted by some to
      > mean it was six 24-hour days occurring a few
      > thousand years ago, and there is empirical evidence
      > that things are actually much older than a few
      > thousand years.

      > Conclusion:

      > The interpretation of the text by some is wrong.

      So, the sum of the matter appears to be this: Michael wants to, like
      James, simply deny that "Goliath" is sound. No problem, we know
      quite well that some deny the evidence for one reason or another
      and/or also believe that they have sustainable evidence for a young
      earth/universe. That's where the issue lies, right? Or, as Todd
      might say, that is where Michael "lies"?

      No, Michael has not thrown any "stones", and none are expected at
      this late date and after so many efforts to get him to meet his
      burden of going forward with the evidence.