MarsList, moon dust & Steve Rudd!

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 29, 2003
      <greeneto@y...> wrote, in part:

      > (Remember when Steve Rudd purposely ignored me
      > and absolutely refused to change his argument
      > that Matthew Maury discovered ocean currents,
      > after I pointed out to him some simple historical
      > facts of men who discovered some specific ocean
      > currents and mapped them before Maury was even
      > born. This is the pattern. This is the pattern
      > that makes honorable discussion almost impossible,
      > and why we're still getting the moon dust myth 34
      > years after humans walked on the moon!)

      I recall some of that history. Steve Rudd still is promoting that
      sick-bed, bible-reading story. On the moon dust thing, I just pulled
      this off his website on a page dealing with young-earth evidences and
      presenting relevant quotes:

      http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dp-age-science.htm

      > Meteoric Dust In Strata

      > "One estimate of meteoric dust settling to earth
      > places it at 14.3 million tons annually. If this
      > rate has been constant throughout five billion
      > years of geologic history, one might expect over
      > fifty feet of meteorite dust to have settled all
      > over the surface of the earth. .... The average
      > meteorite contains about three hundred times more
      > nickel than the average earth rock."

      He seems to use that quote favorably in support of his cause. Maybe
      he and Bert don't talk???

      I also am still wondering about the Willis connection. Wasn't there
      a Willis over there on MarsList that was resistant to the simple
      truth in these matters. I am wondering about the possible connection
      to our David Willis who has been participating here, if any.