Re: Response To Greene

  • Todd Greene
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2010
      Perhaps Jerry McDonald did have a couple of things after his stuff about geological overthrusts. I won't contradict him about that, because as I stated I was saying what I was saying only from personal memory (I haven't looked at the files since last year), and what I remember is getting up to his geological overthrust discussion and that that took up the next several pages. If there were a couple more items at the very end after that, I certainly don't recall them being there.

      In regard to Jerry's response to what I did write, what I stated is correct. He does not deal with the problems I pointed out but merely repeats his errors over again. It's impossible to turn a logically fallacious argument into a good argument by merely repeating the argument over again, yet that is the pattern Jerry follows over and over and over again.

      Of course, the overriding issue in terms of formal debate is that there is a proposition, and there is an affirmative and a negative, and it is the task of the affirmative side to PRESENT ARGUMENTS AFFIRMING THE PROPOSITION, which, interestingly enough, is something Jerry never did.

      I'm intending to re-work (re-edit, outside of the PDF file, since I no longer have access to that PDF generation program; along with some very minor editing changes - almost all simple corrections) on what I did write, up to the geological overthrust discussion, and post that to the Young Earth Creationism group this Saturday.

      - Todd Greene