Re: More on Terry W. Benton's false witness!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 3:31 PM
      Here's another example from Terry's latest GAGDebate posting:

      > The entire argument is very
      > illogical in that it asserts
      > that "everything began over a
      > period of six days" and then
      > does the illogical thing of
      > trying to refute an "interpretation"
      > of the "text" of "God's word"
      > rather than trying to refute the
      > "interpretation" that naturalists
      > (called "scientists") give to the
      > "empirical evidence" and not
      > questioning that at all.

      >> Terry W. Benton
      >> http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com

      Terry appears to have this ungodly notion that one position cannot be addressed without addressing two or more positions at the same time.

      However, the "Goliath of GRAS", as has been explained to Terry before, does not do what Terry proposes above; being an "equal opportunity" argument.

      Terry has no good reason for his false witness above regarding the "Goliath of GRAS".

      By design, the "Goliath of GRAS" is formulated to reach a conclusion, if such can be reached, regarding the fundamental claim that "nothing is more than a few thousand years old".

      It does that quite "logically", despite Terry's repeated false witness regarding that.

      In testing the claim common to young-earth creation-science, the "Goliath of GRAS" does not neglect, or leave out, the opportunity to deny/rebut the non-textual evidence that some things are more than a few thousand years old.

      What seems to really "get" Terry W. Benton, the NI preacher from the Pine Lane church, is that the only rebuttal to the evidence of age independent of the text and the interpretation thereof is briefly summarized as follows:

      > I, a young-earth creation-science
      > promoter, have my interpretation
      > of the text and that trumps any
      > real world evidence to the contrary;
      > such contrary evidence simply
      > indicating that God can make
      > things look older than they are.

      The "Goliath of GRAS", by design, has the utilitarian purpose of forcing wannabe young-earth creation-science promoters to espousing that position, and it has been very successful in doing so.

      So it is the case that Terry's claim is false, and it is just that he can't stand, can't handle the reality that is the "Goliath of GRAS" and the various claims I have made for it.