Re: The GAG2Discussion Proposal of Terry W. Benton!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2010
      Terry has now posted my "test message" to his GAG2Discussion list:

      Terry W. Benton wrote:

      > From: Terry W. Benton
      > Website: http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com
      > To: coCBanned@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010

      > (excerpt)

      > I would rather ignore Baty...unless
      > they are willing to engage a personal
      > debate on GAG2discussion.

      I joined the GAG2Discussion list today and submitted the following message which is subject to moderation:

      I joined the list. The three members now are Terry, "MathewMaury", and me. Apparently Goldsmith left the list after posting using his "Leon" persona (aka idoubtit80).

      The Message is subject to moderation before posting:

      From: Robert Baty
      To: GAG2Discussion@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:00 PM MT

      Subject: Test Message

      The list description here, as of June 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM MT, states:

      > "To discuss why Robert Baty
      > stopped debating on GAGdebate
      > and to discuss his further
      > problems with his DAGON of
      > "GRAS" argument and the serious
      > problems of his argument. We
      > will provide various responses
      > to the arguments he made on
      > other lists as well."

      It's "Goliath of GRAS", not "DAGON of GRAS", and there are no serious problems, or any problems, with the argument.

      It is what it is and one either recognizes it for what it is, and the claims I have made for it, or they don't.

      The historical record is clear regarding the various blunders many have made as to why they don't accept it for what it is and the claims I have made for it.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2010
        Here's Terry's "go to hell" reply:

        From: Terry W. Benton
        Website: http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com
        To: GAG2discussion@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010

        Subject: Re: Test message!

        Robert Baty wrote:

        > The list description here, as
        > of June 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM MT,
        > states:

        >> "To discuss why Robert Baty
        >> stopped debating on GAGdebate
        >> and to discuss his further
        >> problems with his DAGON of
        >> "GRAS" argument and the serious
        >> problems of his argument. We
        >> will provide various responses
        >> to the arguments he made on
        >> other lists as well."

        > It's "Goliath of GRAS", not
        > "DAGON of GRAS", and there are
        > no serious problems, or any
        > problems, with the argument.

        TB:

        Nope. It is a DAGON of GRAS, and yes, it has serious problems. You are simply like an alcoholic in denial.

        RB:

        > It is what it is and one either
        > recognizes it for what it is,
        > and the claims I have made for
        > it, or they don't.

        TB:

        It is a piece of junk and you either recognize that it is a piece of
        junk or you are foolish.

        RB:

        > The historical record is clear
        > regarding the various blunders
        > many have made as to why they
        > don't accept it for what it is
        > and the claims I have
        > made for it.

        TB:

        The historical record shows that all the blunders have been on your
        end, and it shows that you are simply self-deluded into thinking
        that if you say MORE than the other guy, then you were right after all.

        You are simply a foolish man who lives for a worthless idol, and
        will go to hell living for it and trying to prop it up after it gets
        knocked over time and again.

        Sincerely,
        Terry W. Benton
        http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com

        --------------------------------------
        --------------------------------------
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2010
          Here's my reply to Terry's latest message in his GAG2Discussion list:

          From: Robert Baty
          To: GAG2Discusssion@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:35 AM MT

          Subject: Another test message!

          Terry,

          So, was there something about the "Goliath of GRAS" and the claims I have made for it that you wanted to "debate" as you earlier indicated?

          I get from your most recent message, what has not been in contention, that you:

          > think it's a "Dagon",

          > think it has serious problems,

          > don't care for my affections for it,

          > think it's a piece of junk,

          > think I'm a fool for promoting it,

          > misinterpret the record,

          > think if you keep saying derogatory
          > things about it and me, reflective
          > of your self-delusions, and out-
          > write me, that your opinions will
          > change from false to true.

          and

          > that I will go to hell for
          > standing up and promoting the
          > truth regarding the "Goliath
          > of GRAS" and the claims I have
          > made for it.

          Yeah, yeah, yeah!

          But, Terry, was there something about the "Goliath of GRAS" and the claims I have made for it that you wanted to discuss here (e.g., debate as you suggested) and that openly, honestly and honorably?

          If we so, we can again discuss some reasonable logistical details and I will again consider your legitimate interests in such a discussion.

          Otherwise, you may want to simply "hide and watch" the ongoing discussion of the "Goliath of GRAS" on the neutral, moderated OriginsTalk discussion group operated by the NW Creation Network folks at:

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2010
            Terry has now posted my message, the link to which is:

            Here's my reply to Terry's latest message in his GAG2Discussion list:

            From: Robert Baty
            To: GAG2Discusssion@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:35 AM MT

            Terry,

            So, was there something about the "Goliath of GRAS" and the claims I have made for it that you wanted to "debate" as you earlier indicated?

            I get from your most recent message, what has not been in contention, that you:

            > think it's a "Dagon",

            > think it has serious problems,

            > don't care for my affections for it,

            > think it's a piece of junk,

            > think I'm a fool for promoting it,

            > misinterpret the record,

            > think if you keep saying derogatory
            > things about it and me, reflective
            > of your self-delusions, and out-
            > write me, that your opinions will
            > change from false to true.

            and

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2010
              Terry appears to be indicating he wasn't really serious about that proposed discussion on his GAG2Discussion list; posting the following in response to my last message there (He also poppoed off on the OriginsTalk list, not even being courteous enough to use the subject thread that was started there for purposes of discussing the "Goliath of GRAS"):

              From: Terry W. Benton
              Website: http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com
              To: GAG2discussion@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010

              Subject: Re: Another test message!

              Robert Baty writes:

              > Terry,

              > So, was there something about
              > the "Goliath of GRAS" and the
              > claims I have made for it that
              > you wanted to "debate" as you
              > earlier indicated?

              TB:

              We will continue our debate on GAG2debate. I will continue to press you
              to prove the truth of your silly GRAS argument.

              RB:

              > I get from your most recent message,
              > what has not been in contention,
              > that you:

              >> think it's a "Dagon",

              TB:

              Yes, you live for this idol to the point that nothing else matters in
              your spiritual life but this piece of junk, and for that God will certainly
              consider it your DAGON.

              > think it has serious problems,

              TB:

              So many that you always run from dealing with them and claim it is
              amtter of "changing the subject".

              > don't care for my affections for it,

              TB:

              I believe it is ridiculous for a man so close to the grave to have
              wasted 15 years with so signs of wanting to defend the gospel against the
              attacks of atheists. God will judge you for this as well.

              > think it's a piece of junk,

              TB:

              Absolutely a piece of junk made into an idol.

              > think I'm a fool for promoting it,

              TB:

              Absolutely!

              > misinterpret the record,

              TB:

              Absolutely.

              > think if you keep saying derogatory
              > things about it and me, reflective
              > of your self-delusions, and out-
              > write me, that your opinions will
              > change from false to true.

              TB:

              Nope. I think you:

              > think if you keep saying derogatory
              > things about me, reflective
              > of your self-delusions, and out-
              > write me, that your opinions will
              > change from false to true.

              and

              > You will go to hell for
              > standing up and promoting the
              > lie regarding the "DAGON of GRAS"
              > and the claims you have
              > made for it.

              RB:

              > Yeah, yeah, yeah!

              TB:

              That's Robert showing that he will not take seriously any consideration
              that he has gone too far with his piece of junk.

              RB:

              > But, Terry, was there something
              > about the "Goliath of GRAS" and
              > the claims I have made for it that
              > you wanted to discuss here
              > (e.g., debate as you suggested)
              > and that openly, honestly and honorably?

              TB:

              We've got that debate going at GAG2debate.

              RB:

              > If we so, we can again discuss some
              > reasonable logistical details and I
              > will again consider your legitimate
              > interests in such a discussion.

              TB:

              All you need to worry about is proving your argument is true and
              answering the related questions I posed to you and quit pretending that I am
              changing the subject. I'll show the relationship my questions have to your
              silly GRAS once you honestly answer the questions.

              RB:

              > Otherwise, you may want to simply
              > "hide and watch" the ongoing
              > discussion of the "Goliath of GRAS"
              > on the neutral, moderated OriginsTalk
              > discussion group operated by the NW
              > Creation Network folks at:

              TB:

              I may just drop my bombs over there and further expose your silly
              argument over there. The more places you get exposed and the more you play
              your dishonest games the less your influence is in more places.

              Sincerely,
              Terry W. Benton
              http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com