"coCBanned" discussion group implodes

  • Todd Greene
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2010
      I knew when Terry Benton was made owner of the "coCBanned" discussion group it was going to change a lot. Actually, he has taken longer to do it than I thought. But every discussion group I've ever been in run by these clowns uses rules they make up as tricks to get rid of people they don't like, rules which they impose at the first opportunity against people they agree with but which they conveniently (and hypocritically) fail to apply to themselves.

      Now in this particular case there was the extenuating circumstance of the idiot troll David Goldsmith, and I have never participated in any discussion group where someone like him is not under strict moderation (or banned outright), which is why when it became clear that Terry was not going to deal with the Goldsmith problem I left the "coCBanned" group almost immediately. With Terry being the new owner/moderator, I'm pretty sure I would have exited that group in due course anyway, but now I'm speaking after the fact, so I don't know.

      But looking at the group now (I've been looking over it today) it really is just insane.

      (They even have the sheer incoherency of Max Burgin returned to the group. For example, the poor man apparently doesn't comprehend the simple fact that gravity is produced by mass, so where there are changes in mass - changes in density too - around the earth, the force of gravity increases or decreases correspondingly - and if you were to travel to the center of the earth the force of gravity would decrease until you got to the center where the force of gravity on you would be zero [you're at the center of mass]. Of course, the mass above the center being pulled in by the mutual gravity produces an awful lot of pressure, which is why you can't go there! As usual, Max is completely oblivious to any actual details about any science, and just spouts a lot of nonsense irrelevant to everything.)

      A man like Terry Benton "runs" the group. A guy like David Goldsmith sabotages every discussion in sight.

      I'm so happy I left that group as quickly as I did at the time I did. Good riddance to the complete disaster it is now.

      - Todd Greene