Re: Hovind's latest CSE entry

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2010
      Did you notice this from Dr. Dino:

      > Once I am out the door and back
      > home, I will tell the world about
      > the people helping us research
      > these issues.

      I think we've got a pretty good idea of the kind of people helping him, if not the specific people helping him.

      Since it looks like he won't be "out the door and back home" any time soon, it may be that no one is going to care by the time Dr. Dino serves his time and gets back home.

      Someone on the other discussion forum came up with Hovind's now-deleted
      boasting. Note that it was apparently written before the Court's dismissal but
      posted today, after the April first entry of the dismissals.

      ---------------------------------------

      Case Update—The Home Run!
      0 Comments

      Date Sent: 3-20-10
      Date Posted: 4-5-2010

      Case Update—The Home Run!

      Thank you for all those who have prayed, fasted, and supported us during this 3½
      year ordeal! Without your support, it would have been impossible to make it.

      As most of you know, the Supreme Court declined to look at our case January 8.
      They only take 65± out of 11,000 each year. So-o-o-o, we are taking a different
      approach. A story will help: If you hit the baseball and run all the way around
      the bases, but miss touching first base, it is a home run unless the other team
      calls you on it. Before the next pitch is thrown, they can go touch first base
      and you are out—the run does not count. In a similar way, if the US Attorney or
      the government does not "touch all the bases" during each part of the
      indictment, arraignment, trial, and sentencing, they can later be challenged and
      the entire case dismissed as if it never happened.

      It turns out, in our case, they missed every base so we are calling them on each
      one!

      Issues in the case, like right or wrong, don't matter for this stage of the game
      they play with people's lives, only procedure. We have found and filed motions
      on five procedures so far that they did wrong with many more coming soon. Any
      one can overturn the case as if it never happened. I would go home, case
      dismissed, and they would return the money taken so far. (Unlike other motions,
      there is no time limit on these nor limit on the number of jurisdictional
      challenges. Maybe Luke 18:5 will kick in?!)

      If the district judge does not rule in our favor, we will appeal to the 11th
      circuit and then to the Supreme Court for EACH issue. I will post the motions
      after this update. I would encourage you to look up the cases cited where they
      were overturned on issues exactly like mine. Many are "sure wins"—in Kansas—but
      this is OZ!

      Once I am out the door and back home, I will tell the world about the people
      helping us research these issues. MANY people in prison can be helped in this
      same manner. Please pray that the district judge simply rules to release me.
      This could be done in 30 seconds; the camp would get the call to send me HOME!
      IMMEDIATE RELEASE! If she denies or stalls, the 11th Circuit or Supreme Court
      can force the issue.

      This trial and prison time has been an eye opening experience! God has been
      so-o-o-o-o good to me in here and the ministry out there. Thanks again for your
      prayers and support.

      Kent

      -------------------------------------
      -------------------------------------

      Pi,

      This development could get you your 15 minutes!

      Is there any way you can come up with the actual text of Hovind's now-deleted
      blog entry and your response thereto?

      Also, I'm wondering if Hovind gave any credit to who it was that actually
      crafted his motions. Or, is he trying to make like he crafted them himself?

      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com rlbaty@ wrote:

      Good for you, Pi.

      I'm glad we were able to get out in front of that story.

      --------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------
    • PIASAN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2010
        From: rlbaty50 <rlbaty@...>
        Is there any way you can come up with the actual text of Hovind's now-deleted
        blog entry and your response thereto?
        ***********
        Pi:
        No, but by the time I read this, you had already gotten it and posted it.

        The funny thing is he comments about the rules of running the bases in baseball. The problem is he's trying to apply the rules of softball when a runner is on base when he is playing hardball. In softball, runners are not allowed to take a lead before the ball is hit, while in baseball they are.....

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2010
          Here's a link to the Hovind Home Run post as cached by Google:

          http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6NffZ3OaFNUJ:www.cseblogs.com/+%22hovind%22+%22home+run%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

          As previously noted, Hovind has since deleted the message from the http://www.cseblogs.com website.

        • PIASAN@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2010
            I tried the link. It is not the "Home Run" post. The link has reverted back to the previous Hovind post.

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5, 2010
              Thanks, Pi, at least it was good while it lasted!