Interpretations

  • Jack Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2010
      Robert Baty :

      YES !! It is inevitable that there will be differences in our interpretations
      of scriptures . As you have pointed out , we disagree over whether the
      Holy Spirit fell on only the apostles or the entire 120 desciples on the
      day of Pentecost . Whether the Holy Spirit fell on the household of
      Cornelius . Whether the antecedent of the pronoun "they" of Acts 2:1
      is the apostles or the 120 . And the list goes on !! But what is of more
      importance is what we do about these differences . Do we divide over
      such difference or do we remain in fellowship with one another and
      continue until the end to work out our differences . I vote for the
      fellowship route .

      PROMOTER OF UNITY AND FELLOWSHIP AMONG ALL CHRISTIANS

      Ulysses

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2010
        The question asked was:

        > What do we do about these
        > differences?

        I was inclined to pursue a deliberate, productive course in order to clearly identify the simplest of issues and, as we could have done in my opinion, resolve certain matters and then build on that to the extent there was time and interest.

        Typically, as so many times before, those with views contrary to my own would not so engage the discussion.

        Maybe we'll get to try again later...maybe not!

        Robert Baty :