Edward Fudge v. CFTF!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      From: Edward Fudge
      Date: February 2, 2010

      Subject: Top 21 Reading!

      TOP 21 READING? -- Churches of Christ are enjoying a certain renewal as the Spirit of God continues to turn attention and affections away from ourselves and our movement to focus on Jesus Christ and the finished work that sets us right with God.

      Opposing this spiritual renewal is a periodical misnamed "Contending for the Faith" (CFTF), which recently announced its 2010 Lectureship on the theme "Profiles in Apostasy."

      The event profiles books from 21 authors whom CFTF seemingly views as most threatening to its agenda. To my way of thinking, that is reason enough to commend these books for your positive consideration:

      Come to the Table: Revisioning the Lord's Supper, John Mark Hicks
      Daring to Dance With God: Stepping into God's Embrace, Jeff Walling
      Don't Shoot! We May Be On The same Side!, Marvin Phillips
      Down, But Not Out, Al Maxey
      Free In Christ, Cecil Hook
      In Search of Peace, Unity and Truth, Olan Hicks
      Leadership in the Kingdom: Sensitive Strategies ..., Ian Fair
      Our Heritage of Unity and Fellowship, W. Carl Ketcherside & Leroy Garrett
      Rebaptism, Jimmy Allen
      Righteousness Inside Out, Mike Cope
      Shall We Splinter?, James D. Bales
      The Core Gospel, Bill Love
      The Cruciform Church, C. Leonard Allen
      The Fire That Consumes, Edward Fudge
      The Gist of Romans, K.C. Moser
      The Peaceable Kingdom, Carroll D. Osburn
      The Stone-Campbell Movement: The Story of ..., Leroy Garrett
      The Way of Salvation, K.C. Moser
      The Worldly Church, Alan, Hughes & Weed
      They Smell Like Sheep: Spiritual Leadership ..., Lynn Anderson
      What Would Jesus Do Today, Mike Cope & Rubel Shelly
      Who Is My Brother?, F. LaGard Smith
      Women in the Church: Reclaiming the Ideal, Carroll D. Osburn