Re: Fwd: McDonald said it..now...where is it....I want it

  • Jerry McDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      Question:  What Bible is Perfect?
      Answer:  The original autographs.
      Question:  Do we have them today?
      Answer:  No, but we do have textual criticism that will enable us to know what the original autographs had to say, in essence we have all that was in the original autographs.  Thus we have the perfect Bible.

      "Opponent"

      Jerry's viewpoint
      Jerry states that humans will (at some point in the future) give you a "perfect Bible" through "textual criticism" as soon as they can agree on the perfect meanings.

      Opponent's viewpoint
      Thus we do not have a perfect Bible because men do not agree. Thus we don't have a perfect Bible because Jerry cannot place it in our hands, tell us where it is or even give us the name of said Bible. In other words--we can't read it--we must listen to Jerry to tell us this perfect doctrine. He, Jerry McDonald, will correct us as he does all mainstream denominations and those of his own denomination. I stand firm--Jerry has no such power nor does he possess said Bible. I stand firm--men disagree on the scriptures, including those of he CoC vs those of the CoC. I stand firm--Jerry is looking for that which doesn't exist and denying He Who does Exist

      We are to be Baptized in the Perfect Holy Spirit and He Who is perfect will lead and guide us who are imperfect and we shall grow each day until that which is perfect is come.

      Plain and simple for you Jerry--the debate is over--now you are put to the test--I want a copy of your perfect Bible placed into my hands. If that is too much trouble--tell me where to go to get said copy. If that is too much trouble tell me the name of said copy

      --- End forwarded message ---
      McDonald
      I gave the KJV and my opponent simply ignored it by saying that most scholars say it is the worst version.  This I have already answered, so no need to reanswer it.

      My opponent does not understand "textual criticism" and he demonstrates this when he says "Jerry states that humans will (at some point in the future) give you a "perfect Bible" through "textual criticism" as soon as they can agree on the perfect meanings."  It is difficult to discuss such a complex subject with someone who thinks he knows everything about it, but actually knows nothing about it, but I'll try.

      Textual criticism is a science where, when a variant is found in scripture, you take all of the manuscript evidence, along with all the ancient versions to see what the majority and best had.  Sometimes the majority is not even the best.  Sometimes you have to go to the works of the early church fathers to see how often that passage was quoted.  We will then need to go to the writings of those before the early church fathers on that passage.  You will need to get as close to the originals as you can to make up your mind on what the passage actually had to say.  Well, that's hard work!  Yes, it is!  No one ever said that Bible study was easy!  Those who are looking for an easy way out of studying the Bible will always end up taking some cock-eyed theory like the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and having the Spirit explain it to them, just so they don't have to do any difficult work themselves.  My suggestion is, to this person--if he really owns more
      than $10,000 in reference material, get some of it down and start studying and stop this incessant claim of a Baptism of the Holy Spirit.  Everytime he claims the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, he basis it upon what he calls the imperfect Bible.  Well that makes his Baptism of the Holy Spirit an imperfect baptism.  The only way he can have a perfect Baptism of the Holy Spirit is to base it on the perfect Bible, but then, the perfect Bible will refute the modern day Baptism of the Holy Spirit so he is in a strait betwixt two.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry McDonald