The Perfect Bible

  • Jerry McDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2009
      So, only the "original manuscripts" were perfect. Jerry has none of these and
      neither does anyone else. Translation--there is no perfect Bible.

      Then Jerry seems to state that Paul's words indicate all Bibles are perfect and
      he (Jerry) will listen to Paul. Well then Jerry, use a Jehovah's Witness Bible.

      Let us criticize Jerry's "textual criticism."

      Here it is in a nutshell...
      Jerry has stated many times that he "will not change." Reading the Bible is of
      no use to Jerry. He "will not change" his beliefs as the scriptures
      instruct...so...he must criticize and twist the scriptures to match his beliefs.
      His "higher criticism" is self justification. Dear Jerry, if you won't change
      your beliefs don't waste your time with the scriptures

      Here is a man who thinks textual criticism is adding and taking away from the scriptures and higher criticism is saying that Luke is an apostle.  With knowledge like this, we can see why he can't see what Bible is perfect.  The original autographs were perfect.  There was no mistakes in them.  Do we have them today?  No.  However, we do have enough evidence from past manuscripts and other evidence that we can see what the originals did say.  So even with flawed translations, we can have the perfect Bible.  If the Bible isn't perfect, then we don't need to be following it because we don't know what is God's word and what isn't.

      Question:  What Bible is Perfect?
      Answer:  The original autographs.
      Question:  Do we have them today?
      Answer:  No, but we do have textual criticism that will enable us to know what the original autographs had to say, in essence we have all that was in the original autographs.  Thus we have the perfect Bible.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry McDonald