Re: Fw: McDonald debates; status report!

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
      It's news!

      Of course, you could tell us more!

      You are studying for a debate with Marion?

      Has that debate be scheduled or are the details still being negotiated?

      A possible debate with Kyle Butt's recent adversary Dan Barker of the FFRF?

      What are you willing to tell us about why that might be a possibility?

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

        > You are studying for a debate with
        > Marion?
        >
        > Has that debate be scheduled or are
        > the details still being negotiated?

        JM

        Yes, I am studying for a debate with Marion, we still haven't worked out all the kinks, but we do have one set up.

        > A possible debate with Kyle Butt's recent
        > adversary Dan Barker of the FFRF?

        JM

        What started out as a joke may end up as a debate.

        > What are you willing to tell us about
        > why that might be a possibility?

        Dan and I were discussing something else and he asked me not to respond to it because he had heard all the responses before, and you know me.

        So I quipped "So, I guess a debate is out of the question huh?"

        He came back stating that he would debate me if I could get one set up.

        I wasn't serious about it because I didn't think he would actually consider bothering to debate me, but if he will I think I can get something set up at the University of Missouri in Rolla for some time in the next year.

        But it started out as a joke.

        In Christ Jesus
        Jerry D. McDonald