Fw: McDonald debates; status report!

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
      -----------Forwarded Message------------

      From: Jerry McDonald
      Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:22 AM

      (excerpts)

      I am in a written one now with Todd Greene on the age of the universe/earth,

      and

      I am studying for a four night oral debate with Marion Fox,

      and

      a possible oral debate with Dan Barker.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry McDonald

    • Jerry D. McDonald
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
        Hey Robert, are you bucking for a job or what?

        What's with all the McDonald debates: status reports?

        In Christ Jesus
        Jerry McDonald

        -------------------------------
        -------------------------------
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
          It's news!

          Of course, you could tell us more!

          You are studying for a debate with Marion?

          Has that debate be scheduled or are the details still being negotiated?

          A possible debate with Kyle Butt's recent adversary Dan Barker of the FFRF?

          What are you willing to tell us about why that might be a possibility?

          Hey Robert, are you bucking for a job or what?

          What's with all the McDonald debates: status reports?

          In Christ Jesus
          Jerry McDonald

          > Greene on the age of the universe/earth,
          >
          > and
          >
          > I am studying for a four night oral
          > debate with Marion Fox,
          >
          > and
          >
          > a possible oral debate with Dan Barker.
          >
          > In Christ Jesus
          > Jerry McDonald

        • Jerry D. McDonald
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
            --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

            > You are studying for a debate with
            > Marion?
            >
            > Has that debate be scheduled or are
            > the details still being negotiated?

            JM

            Yes, I am studying for a debate with Marion, we still haven't worked out all the kinks, but we do have one set up.

            > A possible debate with Kyle Butt's recent
            > adversary Dan Barker of the FFRF?

            JM

            What started out as a joke may end up as a debate.

            > What are you willing to tell us about
            > why that might be a possibility?

            Dan and I were discussing something else and he asked me not to respond to it because he had heard all the responses before, and you know me.

            So I quipped "So, I guess a debate is out of the question huh?"

            He came back stating that he would debate me if I could get one set up.

            I wasn't serious about it because I didn't think he would actually consider bothering to debate me, but if he will I think I can get something set up at the University of Missouri in Rolla for some time in the next year.

            But it started out as a joke.

            In Christ Jesus
            Jerry D. McDonald