That IRC 107 thing; update!

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2009
      I got the following message (excerpts regarding the IRC 107 issue) from an attorney that works in the "church/state" specialty:

      > From: Xxxx Xxxx
      > To: Robert Baty
      > Date: March 26, 2009

      > Subject: IRC 107

      > Robert,

      > I know (a) retired IRS attorney who
      > is one of my cooperating attorneys
      > that helped on an amicus brief last
      > summer.

      > Would you be interested in working
      > with him on writing a memo that
      > would address the "violation" and
      > standing issues (what kind(s) of
      > plaintiff(s) would have standing).

      I said yes.

      We'll see if anything develops!

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2009
        In recent days there has been some movement on the project to take up where Chemerinsky left off.

        I'll try to keep you advised regarding any substantive developments of which I may become aware.