Fw: Why Terry Benton pretended Todd Greene Went Silent

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2009
      -----------Forwarded Message-------------

      From: Todd S. Greene
      To: coCBanned@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:33 AM

      Subject: Re: Why Terry Benton pretended Todd Greene Went Silent

      Geeze, you point out the man's fallacy to him explicitly, and - as usual - it goes 58 miles over his head. This is the incompetence of creationist rhetoric we have to deal with all the time.

      We see Terry Benton still pretending that I did not make the following post:

      He also obviously isn't able to comprehend the following:

      First of all,

      I personally have specifically addressed the exact point entailed by HIS proposition (which - keep this in mind - he has thrown in all along as a red herring) many times before: There are many, many, many things about reality that are not known about in science.

      When we don't know something, we don't know something.

      Period.

      Second:

      The God-of-the-gaps argument is a fallacy.

      Third:

      The thrust of Terry's argument is irrational: He is apparently trying to argue "Scientists don't know how the universe to came into existence, THEREFORE scientists don't know that the universe has been in existence longer than 6,000 years", and/or "Scientists don't know how the first biological organisms came about, THEREFORE scientists don't know anything about how biological organisms may or may not evolve after they have come into existence."

      Neither one of these arguments is a rational argument.

      They just don't make any sense.

      The truth of the matter is that young earth creationism is a religious dogma, not science, and it is also an idea that has been scientifically proved to be false. It is ironic that in demonstration of the rhetorical trickery creationists, and especially young earth creationists, love so much they even use their games of getting people to sign on to propositions that are themselves false designed to misrepresent and make fa lse insinuations about those they disagree with.

      Creationist rhetoric is permeated with misinformation, misrepresentation, and distorting, and young earth creationist rhetoric is the most virulent strain of this.

      Finally,

      None of Terry's red herring is going to change the fact that Michael Behe and Michael Denton are theistic EVOLUTIONISTS, and some creationists, due to their incompetent ignorance of the subjects they regurgitate their nonsense rhetoric about, screw up by making incoherent statements based on pretending that Behe and Denton are not theistic EVOLUTIONISTS.

      If they could get their facts straight, at least they could improve their rhetoric, but the fact that they not only have such bad problems getting their facts straight, but that they also deliberately refuse to correct their errors, and deliberately try to sweep their errors under the rug to ignore them, when they are pointed out to them, and instead use all manner of rhetorical tricks designed to run away from their problems and refuse to deal with them demonstrates the deceitfulness and hypocrisy of their attitudes.

      We do have to thank Terry for his demonstration of this.

      - Todd Greene