Re: That Cornelius debate status debate!

  • Jerry McDonald
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 7, 2009
      Robert acts as though he didn't know anything about my debate with
      Marion on Cornelius being cancelled in lue of the one on 1 Tim.
      2:12.

      However, as the following link will show from the One Heart In
      Christ link Robert was on that list at the time and he should have
      known that we cancelled the first debate for the second.

      Marion, since we haven't started negotiations on our Cornelius debate
      and since it is not something that is a real problem in the church.
      Why don't we debate this issue instead? I might even be able to get
      the building here at Belle for a four night oral debate on it.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry D. McDonald

      --- In OneheartinChrist@yahoogroups.com, Marion Fox <mrfox@> wrote:

      > Where does the Bible give special liberties to a wife teaching her
      husband that she does not have in teaching other men? I suspect that
      we will never get an answer to this question, it is just ignored.

      > Brethren, I have not seen anyone make an argument to support the
      contention that a woman has fewer limitations in teaching her husband
      than she has in teaching other men.

      > I contend that a wife has the same limitations in teaching her
      husband that she has in teaching other men. No woman may ever teach a
      man in an authoritative manner, under any conditions.

      > In the English sense of the word "teach" a woman may teach a
      man,
      as long as it is not in an authoritative manner. In the English sense
      she may teach a man by giving him a tract, having a discussion with
      him (where she does not take the lead), support a preacher, etc.
      However this is not what is forbidden in 1 Tim. 2:12. Paul, in 1 Tim.
      2:12, forbids a woman being a teacher (an authoritative role) of a
      man and in exercising authority (in the spiritual realm) over any men
      (including her husband).

      > Yours in His service,

      Re: [OneheartinChrist] Re: 1 Tim. 2:12

      Jerry posted the following:

      Marion, since we haven't started negotiations on our Cornelius debate
      and since it is not something that is a real problem in the church.
      Why don't we debate this issue instead? I might even be able to get
      the building here at Belle for a four night oral debate on it.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry D. McDonald

      Marion here,

      Jerry, what proposition do you desire to affirm? I think we can
      arrange an oral debate, if we can get a reasonable proposition.

      Yours in His service,

      McDonald

      Robrt was still on that list at that time, so he cannot fein
      ignorance on this.

      I was telling him that the debate on women was
      none of his business.

      There is no debate on Cornelius.

      jdm

      ----------------------------------
      ----------------------------------
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 7, 2009
        More directly to the point of Jerry's latest misrepresentation, it is noted that I previously wrote::

        > Last I heard, you (Jerry) and Marion
        > were considering formally debating
        > issue(s) involving women and
        > Cornelius.

        > What's the latest on all of that?

        And Jerry replied with, in its entirety:

        > NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

        As usual, Jerry is the one who has gotten it wrong again, most recently writing his false and misleading report as follows:

        > No Robert, as usual, you got it
        > wrong. I said the current debate
        > is none of your business.

        Can anyone say "Australian Prime Minister"!

        I said the current debate is none of your business.

        There is no debate on Cornelius between
        Marion and me.

        Jerry D. McDonald

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 7, 2009
          Jerry proves my point, again, and further demonstrates his determination to misrepresent the facts and mislead our readers.

          Jerry writes, in part:

          > (T)he following link will show from
          > the One Heart In Christ link Robert
          > was on that list at the time and he
          > should have known that we cancelled
          > the first debate for the second.

          That's simply false, and Jerry knows or should know that it is false.

          What does Jerry's reference say, in relevant part?

          It says:

          > (W)e haven't started negotiations on
          > our Cornelius debate...

          > Why don't we debate this issue
          > instead?

          > Jerry D. McDonald

          That being the case, it is/was quite reasonable to inquire about the status of the Cornelius debate. After all, Jerry and Marion took Terry W. Benton's recommended course and went undercover to do whatever it was/is they are doing regarding their alleged interests in debating the Cornelius and other matter(s).

          If Jerry wants to claim I knew or should have known the Cornelius debate with Marion had been cancelled, he needs to come up with the public announcement of such a thing.

          Jerry's suggestion in the referenced link doesn't come close to justifying his claim or refuting my charge against him on this most simple of matters.

          I most reasonable asked Jerry about the status of both debates and he replied that it was:

          > NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

          Now Jerry wants to try and justify his false and misleading claims regarding that!

          Tch! Tch! Tch!

          ------------------------------------
          ------------------------------------

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 7, 2009
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2009
              Jerry again proves my point and demonstrates that he is not so willing to "man-up" to his false and misleading claims, now writing:

              > Robert you can make all the play
              > on words that your want.

              > That is something that you are
              > very good at.

              > The plain simple truth is that there
              > is no debate between Marion and me
              > on Cornelius. Marion understands that,
              > I understand that, and everyone else
              > understands that.

              > I believe you understand it too, you
              > just want to stir the pot.

              > Good night.

              > Jerry D. McDonald

              The issue at hand, of course, was my legitimate question as to the status of the Cornelius and other debate issues that Jerry and Marion had taken "undercover".

              Jerry, in response to my question simply said it was:

              > NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

              Then it was Jerry who wanted to, and continues to, play games regarding that matter rather than simply "man-up" to his false and misleading claims regarding that matter.

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 8, 2009
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 9, 2009
                  From: Todd S. Greene
                  To: coCBanned@yahoogroups.com