Fw: Re: Jerry D. McDonald and the H.S. baptism of Cornelius!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2008
      ------------Forwarded Message-----------

      From: Jerry McDonald
      To: Church of Christ Banned
      Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:56 PM

      Subject: [coCBanned] Cornelius

      The reason that I have not responded is because I don't want to get involved with Robert.

      This is his way of forcing me into another long and drawn out discussion with him.

      This is not for him, but is a post of explanation as to why I don't get involved and state my belief on the matter.

      My dad believed that Cornelius received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

      I, too, take this position.

      There are a number of good brethren who take this position.

      In the past there were brethen such as H. Leo Boles, and J.W. McGarvey who took this position.

      However, non of them, including Foy E. Wallace Jr. made it a test of fellowship.

      I wrote Terry and told him where I stood and why I didn't want to get involved in this discussion.

      I don't intend to get caught up in Robert's mind games.

      This is where I stand, if Robert takes the other position, he is welcome to it.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry D. McDonald