Fw: Young Earth Creationist

  • Jack Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2008
      From: Jack Gibson
      To: RM-Bible
      Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 7:04 AM
      Subject: Young Earth Creationist

      Wiley Clarkson :

      I usually agree with your views on most subjects , but it appears from your recent post that you buy into
      the Young Earth Creationist (YEC) view . If so , we certainly disagree on this one . Wiley , Do you believe
      the Young Earth Creationist view that the earth and all creation was created in 6 literal days 6,000-years
      ago ? I do not believe that there is any scientific evidence that the creation is only 6,000-years old .
      In fact , I believe that the scientific evidence , especially the geological evidence , strongly indicates that
      the earth is millions+ years old . I believe the interpretation of the accounts given in Genesis that the
      creation occurred in 6 literal days 6,000-years ago is a false interpretation and certainly inconsistent
      with the scientific evidence .

      I believe much of the so-called scientific evedence presented by the YEC is false science . Many of the
      claims of the YEC have been shown to be false . In general , the claims of the YEC is not scientific evidence
      at all . I find the claims by the YEC that the Grand Canyon was formed 4,000-years ago as a result of Noah's
      flood without any scientific basis what so ever .

      Wiley , I hope I haven't misrepresented you . I hope you will respond to this post and further define your views.

      PROMOTER OF UNITY AND FELLOWSHIP AMONG ALL CHRISTIANS

      Ulysses