Re: The Maxey-Broking debate -- a "rambling theological mess"!

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1, 2008
      Regarding the certain alleged shenanigans being pulled by the Broking/Brown bunch, Al Maxey has somewhat to say in his latest "Reflections"; relevant excerpts as follows:

      -----------------------------------

      Issue #362 ------- September 2, 2008

      Readers' Reflections

      From a Reader in [Unknown]:

      Brother Al,

      ..I'm not allowed on their ContendingFTF Internet group, so I'm curious about how they are handling the distribution of these posts on their end...

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 2, 2008
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty"

        [from: http://www.zianet.com/maxey/reflx362.htm ]

        > Issue #362 ------- September 2, 2008
        >
        > Readers' Reflections
        >
        > From a Reader in [Unknown]:
        >
        > Brother Al,
        >
        > ..I'm not allowed on their ContendingFTF Internet group...

        You mean there are others out there... *like us*?

        > ...so I'm curious about how they are handling the
        > distribution of these posts on their end...

        Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that, myself. How
        did Darrell Broking manage to abide by the "pattern"
        agreed to before the debate, with his last affirmative?

        He couldn't post that Adobe .pdf file directly to the
        ContendingFTF list. Did they make a "necessary inference"
        that he would have to distribute it some other way?

        In regard to Al's concerns that the links are being
        removed from his debate responses:

        WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND ME THE MESSAGE THAT
        DAVID P. BROWN
        POSTED TO THE ContendingFTF LIST
        ON THE AFTERNOON OF SATURDAY, JANUARY 26, 2008,
        THAT HE SAID HE RECEIVED FROM JIM WYLY???

        I wrote that letter to David P. Brown, and it had my
        name on it. He said he was going to post it to CFTF
        but he posted it to ContendingFTF instead, claiming
        it was from Jim Wyly. I don't see how he could get
        away with that without "editing" what I had sent him.

        That has always bugged me... I'd love to see exactly
        what he posted.

        As to Al's comments, below, I can't say I'm surprised.
        Honestly, what surprises me is that Brown and the "boys"
        have let it go this far...

        Rick Hartzog
        Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism