FW: Re: Why Veto has run!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008
      ---------Forwarded Message----------

      From: w_w_c_l
      To: coCBanned@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:16 PM

      Subject: Re: Why Veto has run!

      Jerry McDonald asks:

      > Question for Rick.
      >
      > Either answer or shut up.
      >
      > Who else but an atheist says
      > that there is no God?

      You left out the part about "has said in his heart."

      Nobody but an atheist has said in his heart that there is no God.

      McDonald then asks another question, in another thread:

      > Another question to Rick and Robert:

      >> What is it about Psalm 14:1
      >> that you don't think applies
      >> to the atheist?

      Nothing.

      I think that Psalm 14:1 does clearly apply to
      "the one" of Psalm 14:1 who has said in his heart that there is no God.

      And then Terry Benton asks:

      > What kind of fool says "there is no God"?
      >
      >> 1)Only some atheists? Which ones?
      >> 2) No atheists? Why None?
      >> 3)All atheists? On what basis?
      >
      > Who else but an atheist says "there
      > is no God"?
      >
      > Now, after you answer the above,
      > we want to hear you affirm that:
      >
      > Proposition:

      >> Some people can say "there
      >> is no God" and not be a fool.
      >
      > Will you affirm this? Now don't run!

      To Terry's first question, the answer is: (1). Only *some* atheists have said in their heart that there is no God.

      To Terry's second question, the answer is: Nobody but an atheist says in their heart that there is no God.

      What you guys don't understand is that not all atheists have said in their heart that there is no God.

      You also seem not to understand that not all fools have said in their heart that there is no God.

      The best you can get out of Psalm 14:1 from the standpoint of a logical argument is that *some* fools are atheists, and *some* atheists are fools.

      But if you take the rest of Psalm 14 and Psalm 53, it may very well be that it is saying that those who are corrupt, those who have done abominable works, those who do not do right, those who do not
      have understanding or seek after God, those who are gone aside, who have become filthy, who are workers of iniquity that eat up the Lord's people like they
      eat bread -- THOSE are the ones who live as if there is no impending judgment.

      So these verses may not really be talking about "atheists", Jerry and Terry, as much as they are talking about ALL who live as if there is no God.

      Who is corrupt?

      We know of young-earth creation-science promoters who are corrupt. Who has done abominable works?

      We know of young-earth creation-science promoters who have engaged in some sickening behavior.

      Who does not do right?

      Check out Jerry McDonald's website for some examples of false witness, which the Bible plainly says is the work of a fool.

      Who does not have understanding?

      Read some of Terry Benton's posts.

      Who is it that, rather than seeking after God in spirit and in truth, dictates their own will as being God's will, and their
      own words as being the words of God?

      Hmmm.

      You two must have said in your heart that there is no God.

      Does that answer your questions?

      Rick Hartzog
      Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism