Re: Veto Roley's IRS problem; revisited at his request!

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
      Jerry,

      Please, take some space and try to get a hold of yourself and some principles of sound reasoning. You've said you had the book; please refer to IT since you think you are too good for me to help regarding even the simplest of your errors.

      Jerry, you now write regarding your INVALID IRS argument:

      > I am trying to get you to realize
      > that:

      >> If the fool cheats the IRS
      >> then anyone who cheats the
      >> IRS is a fool.

      > Jerry D. McDonald

      Ah, but your INVALID attempt at argumentation went like this:

      > The fool cheats the IRS.
      > The atheist cheats the IRS
      > The atheist is a fool.

      Jerry, I am trying to get you to realize that you are using reasoning that is not sound and that your own references regarding sound reasoning will show you why it is not sound reasoning.

      Jerry, look it up!

      Like you have said before, you are going to simply refuse my help, and Rick's and Todd's, because you didn't ask us for it.

      You've been convincing in that position, but you've only hurt your cause and made yourself out to be the "fool"; rejecting sound reasoning because sound reasoning has rejected you and because I, Rick, and Todd are the ones who brought you the good news!

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: July 31, 2008

      Subject: Rolie Polie Olie's "fool" and the IRS; another test!

      Rolie Polie Olie (aka Veto Roley) writes, in relevant part:

      > I (Rolie Polie Olie) guess, from your
      > reasoning, that you strongly
      > disagree with the following
      > statement:

      >> The fool says in heart,
      >> I will cheat the IRS.

      Rolie Polie Olie clearly implies that my position is in disagreement with that.

      I do NOT disagree with it.

      The record clearly shows as well that I do NOT disagree with the following
      statement:

      > The fool says in his heart,
      > there is no God.

      So, what is up here?

      Maybe we can yet reach our negligent, irrational and illogical Rolie Polie Olie.

      Rolie Polie Olie is suggesting the following argument can be made from the IRS
      statement above:

      > Major Premise:

      >> The fool says in heart,
      >> I will cheat the IRS.

      > Minor Premise:

      >> RPO says he will cheat the IRS.

      > Conclusion:

      >> Therefore, RPO is a fool.

      Now, here's one of those questions that Rolie Polie Olie, and others, are
      refusing to answer as to this important public issue:

      > What does "the" in front of
      > "fool" in the major premise
      > have reference to?

      >> (A) Seven
      >> (B) Two
      >> (C) One
      >> (D) All
      >> (E) No
      >> (F) Some
      >> (G) Other: Specify______________

      Maybe if Rolie Polie Olie isn't up to dealing with the "fool" biblical argument
      made by Terry W. Benton, et al, then he will deal with this IRS argument which
      stands or falls independent of any reference to any religious text; its just
      another Logic 101 excercise for the class now being taught by Professor Robert
      Baty.

      My further comments:

      The unrepentant Veto Roley can not be expected to meet his obligations now, but the reminder is worth posting for others who may have an interest in just how far Veto is willing to run from his responsibilities.