It "appears" that Jerry McDonald fears Todd Greene!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008
      Goldsmith continues to toy with Jerry McDonald. I guess, at least for now, I'll try to correct his false misrepresentations about the status of the debate between Todd and Jerry.

      Here's the link to Goldsmith's latest:

      Goldsmith (aka tinroad6g, et al) should have more properly written:

      > Todd Greene offered a very
      > reasonable challege to the
      > "young-earth creationist" Jerry
      > McDonald to debate the issue of
      > the scientific evidence of the Earth's
      > age in the following group:

      > Jerry has had more than ample
      > time to respond to Todd's challenge.

      > It appears that Jerry McDonald, like
      > David Goldsmith (aka tinroad6g, et al),
      > fears to engage Todd in an open and
      > honest discussion.

      > Many "young-earth creationists"
      > have now run from Greene and
      > Robert Baty's "Goliath of GRAS".

      > Who will be next?

      Yep, that looks like the more appropriate analysis as to the status of the debate as between Todd and Jerry.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
        Robert,

        Are you "toying" with Goldsmith?

        You wrote:

        > Goldsmith continues to toy with Jerry McDonald.

        It looks to me like Goldsmith is over there "toying"
        with himself -- posting messages as "newbie" and then
        responding to them as "tinroad6g".

        Meanwhile, Jerry McDonald "appears" to have forgotten
        that he recently publicly accused you of being on his
        list under multiple IDs -- those of Goldsmith, in fact.

        It does appear, as you suggest, that McDonald is trying
        very hard to present himself as being unaware that Todd
        has accepted his challenge and has set up a discussion
        group for the purpose of the proposed debate.

        Sorta reminds me of how "others" have pretended they
        *never* drop by here...

        What's going to be the excuse this time, you reckon?

        Yep, I would say your "more appropriate analysis", below,
        really is more appropriate.

        Did you notice McDonald's recent question about "Isn't
        energy made of atoms?" That sort of thing is why I don't
        think McDonald is worth wasting time on -- how many days
        and weeks and even months can McDonald keep Todd busy
        trying to straighten McDonald out about that one little
        thing -- just to make sure he never has to actually deal
        with anything Todd has to say about geology and astronomy
        and the age of the Earth? "Isn't energy made of atoms?"
        Imagine all the word games and bunny trails and goose
        chases!

        Rick

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
          Rick,

          Considering Goldsmith's utter failure to "man-up" to a serious, mature and mannerly discussion on even two fundamental and simple questions, what else am I to do with Goldsmith (aka tinroad6g, et al)!

          I would agree with you that it looks like Goldsmith is "toying" with himself, but I figure that is just part of technique being used by Goldsmith to "toy" with Jerry McDonald.

          Jerry McDonald, instead of allowing himself to be so used by Goldsmith, would have done well to simply "man-up" and contend here for his position(s).

          However, given Jerry McDonald's various problems, Todd's compromise proposal to use the YoungEarthCreationism list exclusively for their discussion was and is a most appropriate option.

          While we await further information on that, it also remains to be the case that we are waiting on advertisement and venue announcements regarding Jerry McDonald's promised event in Fort Collins in about 3 1/2 weeks.