Re: New Video?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2 5:11 PM
      Todd,

      I think we've got another good object lesson here regarding the difference between you and Jerry McDonald.

      Todd, you quote Jerry as saying:

      > "It appears that my posting of
      > the dates that I can be in Ft.
      > Collins, CO did not make it to
      > the Maury and Baty list."

      Then you write:

      > I can tell you for a fact from my
      > end that there was no such post
      > to this group.

      Jerry's post was in pending status and I think you probably just didn't review all the current posts before making your comments.

      Jerry does have a post which mentions his July expectations which can be found at:

      My apologies if there was some confusion about Jerry's posts being slowed up in posting because of his "moderated" status.

      In any case, it will be interesting to see how differently you handle this minor problem and how Jerry McDonald has failed to handle his "weightier" problems.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 2 5:16 PM
        Jerry's reference to debate dates can also be found in his bogus
        debate agreement proposal post at:

        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , May 2 5:28 PM
          Due to technical limitations, I was only able to catch a few seconds
          of Jerry's latest video misrepresentations.

          Here's what caught my attention in just the few seconds I was able to
          listen to so far:

          Jerry McDonald stated he had been posting his messages on a number of
          message boards.

          Now, if he were open and honest with us, he would give us a list of
          just where he is posting all those messages.

          If he were open and honest with us?

          My lawyer will need such information and I wouldn't want to have to
          force it out of him!

          Message 4 of 7 , May 2 5:38 PM
            Now that I think about it, there was one other thing I did happen to
            hear on Jerry's latest video that caught my ear and has application to
            this.

            Jerry opined that his messages not being posted here may have
            something to do with "our" fear, or some such thing.

            In actuality, all of Jerry's posts have been now posted; being only
            delayed because of his "moderated" status.

            Now, compare Jerry's perspective on that and what he has done with his
            own list.

            On his ChallengeII list, Jerry has put me in "moderated" status and
            several of my posts of days gone by have not been posted. I guess,
            again using Matthew 7:1,2 and James 3:1, Jerry McDonald is the one
            most afraid.

            Additionally, last I checked, Jerry McDonald no longer archives the
            messages of his list. All the archives just went "poof". Is Jerry
            McDonald afraid to archive the messages to his list; or is it just a
            case of further mismanagement?

            Message 5 of 7 , May 2 7:43 PM
              <greeneto@...> wrote:

              > Jerry, frankly, you've used up all your rope with me,
              > and I'm going to cut short any of your lies I see you
              > using as I see them, with no patience whatsoever.

              Todd,

              I did see Jerry McDonald's pending message and made a
              note of it. But I feel the same as you do -- McDonald
              has used up all his rope with me. I figured I would
              just mention that a message was pending and let Robert
              deal with it as he saw fit, since I was aware that
              Robert's messages were not getting posted to McDonald's
              list.

              I didn't realize it would take until this morning before
              Robert checked back in, but even if I had I would have
              still done the same thing. "So McDonald has a message
              pending," says I. "Big deal!" says I.

              I "promoted" Robert to moderator so he could take care
              of McDonald himself through these negotiations, since I
              have been out and about away from the computer a lot for
              the past several days and since McDonald didn't want any
              interaction here with anyone but Robert.

              As Robert says, all of McDonald's messages have now been
              posted and McDonald's worries do not worry me at all. I
              slept just fine last night while McDonald's message
              fretted away in the pending zone.

              It's easy for me to understand why you would assume that
              McDonald was just lying, yet again.

              You wrote:

              > What I have observed about you, Jerry, over the last
              > several months, is that you are ever so quick to make
              > accusations based on ill-informed (I don't even think
              > "informed" belongs here!) knee-jerk reactions, and then
              > ever so slow (in fact, most of the time you never do it)
              > to correct your errors.

              Indeed. I have observed the same thing. A lot of the
              time he just makes stuff up as it suits him, and then
              when he gets caught in his lie he has all sorts of
              excuses but *he doesn't correct his lies*. I learned
              several months ago to just go ahead and assume that
              McDonald was lying and you'll be right more often than
              not. Even simple statements that are technically true
              take on deceitful intent when uttered by McDonald.

              > Oh, by the way, the only reason that any man would be
              > "shaking in his boots" because another man considers
              > this to be a serious argument
              >
              > | If Robert Baty agreed to moderate for Todd Greene in
              > | the McDonald-Greene debate on the antiquity of the
              > | universe (in which Greene is an atheist and Jerry
              > | McDonald is a Christian), then Robert Baty is an
              > | atheist.
              >
              > is because he is laughing his butt off!

              And what is even funnier is that he's willing to
              drive across Kansas in July to debate it!

              I'm telling you, the guy ain't all there.

              Rick Hartzog
              Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism