Re: The "man-up" requirements before Jerry McDonald!

    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008
      Previously posted requirement:

      1. Jerry McDonald needs to admit, explain and correct, in no uncertain
      terms, his error regading the recent issue involving Hedge's rules as
      they relate to the debate negotiations.

      Jerry McDonald's reply:

      > You seemed to be the one having
      > the problems with Hedges Rules of
      > Controversy, so I told you that you
      > could leave them out as far as I was
      > concerned. My words were "Fine,
      > leave Hedges rules out." That was
      > for your benefit not mine. However,
      > I will observe them. You don't have
      > to if they make you feel uneasy, but
      > I'll abide by them.

      My further comments:

      Jerry McDonald again evades his responsibility to deal with his
      problem which was most explicitly presented to him. He doesn't touch
      top, side nor bottom of it with his evasive, false and misleading
      claims above. Has Jerry McDonald even been paying attention regarding
      my concern over his error regarding the Hedge's rules controversy? It
      would appear he hasn't been paying attention or is being deliberately
      evasive!

      Jerry McDonald fails to meet this prerequiste for enaging me in any
      discussions.

      Previously posted requirement:

      2. Jerry McDonald needs to demonstrate that he's taken specific action
      to admit,
      explain and correct, in no uncertain terms, his false reports about me
      and the
      "Colorado Situation" to the members of the CFTF YAHOO! discussion list
      and
      elsewhere his false reports may have spread. This will include, at a
      minimum,
      the posting of such admission, explanation and correction on the CFTF
      list.

      Jerry McDonald's reply:

      > I have made NO misleading claims
      > about you on the CFTF list or any
      > other list regarding the "Colorado
      > Situation" or any other situation.
      > The only thing that I admitted error
      > on was the dates. I said that these
      > problems started in August of 2007
      > when you actually started propagating
      > this error in 2006. I apologized for
      > that (I, at least, gave you the benefit
      > of the doubt by saying you waited
      > until 2007).

      My further comments:

      What Jerry McDonald is now telling us is that we're back to square one
      regarding his responsibilities regarding his false and misleading
      claims about me that were made public by him on the CFTF list
      regarding the "Colorado Situation". Specifically, and conspicuously
      further misrepresented in the above from Jerry, Jerry claimed that
      I "kept my mouth shut" until August 2007 when I "started in on/went
      after" the preacher. Now he's trying to talk about something he
      calls "these problems" and what may have started in 2006.

      So, in effect, Jerry McDonald previously only "appeared" to attempt to
      correct his false and misleading reports about me. It wasn't "real".
      Jerry McDonald's problems regarding the "Colorado Situation" have now
      only grown worse, and that by his own hand!

      Jerry McDonald fails to meet this prerequiste for enaging me in any
      discussions.

      Previously posted requirement:

      3. Jerry McDonald will admit, explain and correct his false claim, by
      implication, that the "it" regarding the "Colorado Situation" started
      after August 2007. In fact, it never started.

      Jerry McDonald's reply:

      > The "it" refers to the Heresy you
      > have taught regarding the age of
      > the earth (which includes your
      > Goliath of GRAS argument). I will
      > correct nothing.

      My further comments:

      More ipse dixit, misrepresenting the meaning of "it" in the questioned
      message from Jerry McDonald. As to the above claims, as indicated,
      Jerry McDonald has nothing to support his claim, which is false; no
      evidence to present, no witnesses to come forward. As noted above,
      Jerry McDonald's problem regarding the "Colorado Situation" grows
      worse, and that by his own hand!

      Jerry McDonald fails to meet this prerequiste for enaging me in any
      discussions.

      Previously posted requirement:

      4. Jerry McDonald will admit, in no uncertain terms, that the
      original, public,
      oral, Fort Collins debate negotiations were stopped because of his
      withdrawal
      therefrom and was not the result of Robert Baty having withdrawn
      therefrom.

      Jerry McDonald's reply:

      > I (Jerry McDonald) stopped the
      > original oral debate negotiations...

      My further comments:

      Despite the effort Jerry McDonald goes to in order to try and justify
      his withdrawal with misrepresentations, I am willing to settle for his
      statement above, for the record, in order to note that he realizes, as
      everyone should, that he is the one who "stopped the original oral
      debate negotiations". We need not dispute here our differences of
      opinion as to the reasons he "backed out".

      Previously posted requirement:

      5. Jerry McDonald will admit, in no uncertain terms, that the most
      recent Fort
      Collins/Belle debate negotiations were stopped solely because of the
      actions and
      interests of Jerry McDonald in withdrawing therefrom and was not the
      result of
      Robert Baty having withdrawn therefrom.

      Jerry McDonald's reply:

      > I (Jerry McDonald) stopped
      > negotiations for this debate...

      My further comments:

      Despite the effort Jerry McDonald goes to in order to try and justify
      his withdrawal with misrepresentations, I am willing to settle for his
      statement above, for the record, in order to note that he realizes, as
      everyone should, that he is the one who "stopped negotiations for this
      debate". We need not dispute here our differences of opinion as to
      the reasons he "backed out".

      Previously posted requirement:

      6. Jerry McDonald will remove his false and misleading introduction to
      our
      written debate reflected on his webpage, the link for which is
      following these
      comments. In lieu of that introduction, a note will be conspicuously
      posted on
      that page noting that the previous introduction was removed because it
      contained false and misleading information about Robert Baty.

      http://www.challenge2.org/mcdonaldbatyexchange2.html

      Jerry McDonald's reply:

      > (There was none noted!-RLBaty)

      My further comments:

      This could be an indication, again, that Jerry McDonald simply isn't
      keeping up with his obligations to follow what is going on if he is
      going to discuss anything with me. But, considering his failure to
      qualify himself based on the foregoing items, it is anticipated that
      Jerry McDonald isn't going to qualify as to item #6.

      Jerry McDonald fails to meet this prerequiste for enaging me in any
      discussions.

      FINAL ACCOUNTING:

      Jerry McDonald gets credit for 2 out of 6, but his replies on the
      other items indicates there is no prospect of his meeting the other,
      reasonable prerequisites.

      Yet, I remain ready, willing and able to engage Jerry McDonald in a
      reasonable discussion of issues of mutual interest, including a
      formal, public, oral debate at such time as Jerry McDonald may "man-
      up" to the facts relevant to the above issues and meet his
      responsibilities.