Response To Robert

  • Jerry McDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2008
      An Open Letter to Robert Baty.

      Robert, the agreement that I sent you this morning is not negotiable. I am telling you that these are things that we have already agreed upon (with the exception of the dates) and this is what I will be going by. As far as your “Man-Up” demands that I make I will make an answer to them here:

      Baty
      "Man-up" is a term used and endorsed by Jerry McDonald and is appropriate for
      use here (Matthew 7:1,2 & James 3:1).

      I previously noted that, in light of Jerry McDonald's unjustified withdrawal
      from the debate negotiations and, by implication, the debate itself, he would
      have to take specific actions to demonstrate his worthiness before I would
      further engage him in discussions.

      The following are the present, indicated conditions Jerry McDonald needs to meet
      in order to hope to engage me in further discussions:

      1. Jerry McDonald needs to admit, explain and correct, in no uncertain terms,
      his error regading the recent issue involving Hedge's rules as they relate to
      the debate negotiations.

      McDonald
      The negotiations are over. I am telling you when I will be there. I am no longer interested in playing your endless mind games. Either show up or don’t, it is up to you.

      You seemed to be the one having the problems with Hedges Rules of Controversy, so I told you that you could leave them out as far as I was concerned. My words were “Fine, leave Hedges rules out.” That was for your benefit not mine. However, I will observe them. You don’t have to if they make you feel uneasy, but I’ll abide by them.

      Baty
      2. Jerry McDonald needs to demonstrate that he's taken specific action to admit,
      explain and correct, in no uncertain terms, his false reports about me and the
      "Colorado Situation" to the members of the CFTF YAHOO! discussion list and
      elsewhere his false reports may have spread. This will include, at a minimum,
      the posting of such admission, explanation and correction on the CFTF list.

      McDonald
      I have made NO misleading claims about you on the CFTF list or any other list regarding the “Colorado Situation” or any other situation. The only thing that I admitted error on was the dates. I said that these problems started in August of 2007 when you actually started propagating this error in 2006. I apologized for that (I, at least, gave you the benefit of the doubt by saying you waited until 2007).

      Baty

      3. Jerry McDonald will admit, explain and correct his false claim, by
      implication, that the "it" regarding the "Colorado Situation" started after
      August 2007. In fact, it never started.

      McDonald
      The “it” refers to the Heresy you have taught regarding the age of the earth (which includes your Goliath of GRAS argument). I will correct nothing.

      Baty
      4. Jerry McDonald will admit, in no uncertain terms, that the original, public,
      oral, Fort Collins debate negotiations were stopped because of his withdrawal
      therefrom and was not the result of Robert Baty having withdrawn therefrom.

      McDonald
      I stopped the original oral debate negotiations because I got tired of your endless mind games. However, when you went off bragging to the DE list that you had me on the run I decided to renegotiate.

      I stopped negotiations, for this debate, because I was not going to continue to play your endless mind games. My moderator and aides will NOT (and I repeat WILL NOT) make an appearance on your list. Thomas will be my moderator because I am not sure you will be man enough to be there, and I am not going to ask someone to take a week off (which would probably have to be his vacation) when I don’t even know if you will show up. I told you that as far as I was concerned, the time for negotiations were over. Now get down to studying because I will be in your area the week of July 7th, 2008, and I will be ready to debate.

      Baty
      5. Jerry McDonald will admit, in no uncertain terms, that the most recent Fort
      Collins/Belle debate negotiations were stopped solely because of the actions and
      interests of Jerry McDonald in withdrawing therefrom and was not the result of
      Robert Baty having withdrawn therefrom.

      McDonald
      I have already given you the reasons why I withdrew. The negotiations are complete. There was nothing else to negotiate but the dates, and I now have them.

      Baty
      It is not expected that Jerry McDonald will "man-up" to his obligations
      regarding the above.

      However, I remain ready, willing and able to engage Jerry McDonald in honorable
      discourse regarding any matters of mutual interest we share, including but not
      limited to a certain debate over previously agreed propositions.

      McDonald
      You are a liar Robert, you won’t be there. Please show me that I am wrong! Please show up and debate me! This is not negotiable. The only reason that I am writing this is to straighten out your lies about me. You are the liar Robert, and I would love nothing more than to get you in front of an audience and show you up to be exactly that.

      If you have one tenth the guts that you claim to have, show up and present your case to the people. If not, don’t, and you’ll be exposed as the biggest coward of all time.

      In Christ Jesus

      Jerry D. McDonald