When is "a" debate not "the" debate?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Jerry McDonald recently withdrew from our negotiations for a Belle, MO/Ft Collins, CO debate.

      Clearly implied in such a unilateral action, and as a consequence of such withdrawal, Jerry McDonald has "backed out" of the proposed debate.

      Of that there can be no mistake in the minds of reasonable people.

      However, there are many unreasonable folk around and so this note seems appropriate should some of them pass this way.

      Jerry McDonald has now been going about his public rounds claiming he's just going to show up in Ft. Collins, CO some time or another this summer for purposes of debating me.

      The point of this message is simply to point out what reasonable minds all recognize.

      That is, what Jerry McDonald is now proposing is something quite different than the mutually agreed upon Belle, MO/Ft. Collins, CO debate for which we were negotiating.

      As was noted when Jerry McDonald backed out of the negotiations and, by implication, the Belle, MO/Ft. Collins, CO debate, should Jerry McDonald be serious about a formal, oral, public debate with me regarding issues of mutual interest, he now has some reasonable things to do in order to demonstrate that he is "man-up" to producing an honorable discussion with me

      Jerry McDonald has given no indication that he has the "man-up" in him so as to engage me in an honorable discussion.

      Yet, I remain ready, willing and able to take up the negotiations again for the Belle, MO/Ft. Collins, CO debate. We had agreed on much and there wasn't much left to do.

      For now, make no mistake, Jerry McDonald may propose "a" debate all he wants, but he has backed out of "the" McDonald/Baty Belle, MO/Ft. Collins, CO debate.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        I just got the home page updated to reflect Jerry McDonald's
        withdrawal from the debate negotiations, and here comes
        McDonald back to the table with a pending message, apparently
        wanting to negotiate without negotiating.

        This should be interesting.

        Rick

        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...>