Your Response To Thomas' article

  • Jerry D. McDonald
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
      Todd, do you remember what post you wanted to use as your response to
      Thomas' article on "The Age of the Earth"? I need to know what it is
      if you want it to go in the next issue of Challenge.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry D. McDonald
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
        --- In Maury_and_Baty, Jerry McDonald wrote (post #14293):
        > Todd, do you remember what post you wanted to use as
        > your response to Thomas' article on "The Age of the
        > Earth"? I need to know what it is if you want it to go
        > in the next issue of Challenge.
        >
        > In Christ Jesus
        > Jerry D. McDonald

        Jerry, here are the links to the two posts I made related to Thomas'
        article:

        The first is the primary one, and the second was a follow-up regarding
        just one of the points I had made in the first one.

        I believe Rick Hartzog made some posts about Thomas' article as well.

        - Todd Greene
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
          <greeneto@...> wrote:

          > --- In Maury_and_Baty, Jerry McDonald wrote (post #14293):
          > > Todd, do you remember what post you wanted to use as
          > > your response to Thomas' article on "The Age of the
          > > Earth"? I need to know what it is if you want it to go
          > > in the next issue of Challenge.
          > >
          > > In Christ Jesus
          > > Jerry D. McDonald
          >
          > Jerry, here are the links to the two posts I made
          > related to Thomas' article:

          > The first is the primary one, and the second was a follow-up
          > regarding just one of the points I had made in the first one.
          >
          > I believe Rick Hartzog made some posts about Thomas' article
          > as well.

          Yeah, my main point, though, was that Jerry was the one who
          should be held accountable for the poor quality of Thomas's
          article. Jerry does a lot better job editing his own
          material than what we saw from Thomas -- it's almost as if
          Jerry published Thomas's article "as is" to deliberately make
          Thomas look bad.

          My secondary point was that the age of the world's oldest
          living thing (in this case, coral reef) is not evidence
          for the age of the world itself, anymore than the age of
          the oldest bacterium in a Petri dish tells us how old the
          Petri dish is.

          A third point was that plants can't live on a planet without
          a Sun, whether it's for a billion years or a single day or
          even five minutes.

          I had copied Thomas's article into Works and color-coded it
          with my responses like McDonald does, and I asked McDonald
          about formats and deadlines for submitting it but couldn't
          get a straight answer out of him, so I let it pass.

          I was a lot more interested in debunking McDonald's silliness
          about thermodynamics anyway. Of course, as things drug on
          and on with McDonald's SN 1987A project and his many other
          more pressing responsibilities (such as removing the numerous
          lies we have identified on his website), I kinda lost interest
          in trying to explain thermodynamics to Jerry, considering
          all those months we had just spent on simple logical validity.

          As things worked out, it's probably for the best, Todd.
          If Thomas is like Jerry, and is actually of the opinion
          that "there isn't a nickel's worth of difference" between
          an old-earth creationist and an atheist, that if some thing
          is more than a few thousand years old then the Bible isn't
          true, he'll probably have to be led out of that delusion
          with gentle baby steps. And a nose ring.

          Rick Hartzog
          Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism