Re: Hartzog's Fantasies 4 & 5

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, Jerry McDonald

      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry D. McDonald"
      <jerry@...> wrote:

      > Hartzog's Fantasies 4 is now online at the following address
      > http://www.challenge2.org/hartzogsfantasies4

      For those who may have forgotten by now what this is all
      about, this is the link to Jerry McDonald's 4th and 5th
      installments of his reply to this message:

      Going by the rate of progress up to this point, I look
      for McDonald to finish up his replies to this one
      message of mine sometime around the end of June.

      And going by what I have seen so far, even at the end of
      this long, drawn-out exercise in evasion, McDonald will
      still not have presented any evidence for how we see the
      light from distant objects and events (such as SN 1987A)
      if the Universe is only a few thousand years old.

      As I said earlier, I am not going to reply to McDonald's
      installments until he gets finished. Don't want to spoil
      the surprise!

      Rick Hartzog
      Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008

        ---------------------------

        > From: Robert Baty <rlbaty@...>
        > To: w_w_c_l <w_w_c_l@...>

        I notice that Jerry must have written some of his "fantasy" material
        some time ago before he backed out of his debate with me here in Fort
        Collins, and that he failed to edit his material accordingly.

        Consider the following excerpts:

        ---------------------------------

        http://www.challenge2.org/hartzogsfantasies4

        April 2, 2008

        HARTZOG'S FANTASIES 4

        by Jerry D McDonald

        (excerpts)

        "It was then, and only then, that (Todd S.) Greene decided that his
        pictures of these things was a lazy oversight, an oversight that he
        has never corrected and never does intend to correct.

        Why does he not intend to correct it?

        As I have already stated, when Greene saw that I was actually
        preparing for the debate he did the same thing Doug Krueger did, he
        found a way out.

        Krueger tried to keep Hedges Rules for controversy out and I told him
        I wouldn't even think about debating without them, so he called off
        the debate.

        Now Robert Baty steps up to the arena and I am just wondering what he
        is going to call off the debate for."

        --------------------------------
        --------------------------------

        My further comments:

        Without regard to the accuracy of the factual claims made by Jerry, I
        am reminded that he is the one who has never corrected his false
        reports about me and the Colorado situation and has indicated that he
        never intends to make such corrections though he has been given
        numerous opportunities to do so.

        Why does Jerry McDonald not intend to correct his false reports about
        me?

        Of course, it sounds so very strange for Jerry to espouse an
        affection for Hedge's rules when he has so clearly indicated that,
        with reference to debating me, he has no intention of making a good
        faith effort to abide by such rules.

        And, of course, we now know that, after my many concessions to Jerry
        regarding our Fort Collins debate, as to the proposition and other
        matters, it is Jerry McDonald who has determined to call off the
        debate because of his lack of good faith in negotiating and resolving
        the details necessary to bring about the debate that he had proposed.

        Many other things might be said about Jerry's continual efforts to
        misrepresent me as he seeks to fuss with others, but I'll not take
        the time to pursue such matters here.

        It should suffice for the present to simply note again that Jerry
        McDonald has failed to correct his false claims about me and the
        Colorado situation and ask the question Jerry proposes: