Re: White House Aide Resigns Over Plagiarism

  • James A. Wyly
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hello Rick,

      I don't know why Goeglein resigned. I learned from Keith Sisman that
      when confronted with proof of plagiarism, all one has to do is say "I
      have a right to tell my story" and "anyone writing has to use books"
      or words to that effect. Next you kick off all who are questioning
      you from any lists you control.

      Then, to paraphrase Hillary, the skies open, a light comes streaming
      down, and a deep voice says, "Well done. Keep stealing other
      peoples' writings."

      Jim Wyly

      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "w_w_c_l" <w_w_c_l@...> wrote:

      > White House aide resigns over plagiarism
      > By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent
      > 02/29/08
      >

      > WASHINGTON - A White House official who serves as President Bush's
      > middleman with conservatives and Christian groups has resigned
      after
      > admitting to plagiarism. Twenty columns he wrote for an Indiana
      > newspaper were determined to have material copied from other
      sources
      > without attribution.
      >
      > Timothy Goeglein, who has worked for Bush since 2001, acknowledged
      > that he lifted material from a Dartmouth College publication and
      > presented it as his own work in a column about education for The
      News-

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "James A. Wyly" <jpwyly@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello Rick,
        >
        > I don't know why Goeglein resigned. I learned from
        > Keith Sisman that when confronted with proof of plagiarism,
        > all one has to do is say "I have a right to tell my story"
        > and "anyone writing has to use books" or words to that
        > effect. Next you kick off all who are questioning you
        > from any lists you control.
        >
        > Then, to paraphrase Hillary, the skies open, a light comes
        > streaming down, and a deep voice says, "Well done. Keep
        > stealing other peoples' writings."
        >
        > Jim Wyly

        Hi, Jim.

        I don't know why Goeglein resigned, either. All he would
        have had to do was show them a photocopy of the title page
        of a 1646 Baptist Confession.

        Or, in this case, maybe a photocopy of the title page of
        the 1854 Kansas-Nebraska Act, with the insinuation that
        actually it was Dartmouth who had been stealing from the
        Republicans.

        Either way, I suspect David P. Brown and Daniel Denham
        will be mounting a scathing verbal assault on whoever has
        unjustly accused this faithful political brother.

        "If not, why not?"

        Rick