Re: Age of the Earth

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2008
      --- In Maury_and_Baty, Jerry McDonald wrote (post #14182):
      > If you do not want to debate the subject of you being
      > an atheist, I will affirm the following proposition:
      >
      > Resolved: The Earth is not more than 10,000 years old.
      >
      > Affirm: Jerry D. McDonald
      > Deny: ?????

      Jerry I will debate that subject with you, with this one additional
      phrase added to the proposition:

      Resolved: The geological evidence shows that the Earth is not more
      than 10,000 years old.

      Affirm: Jerry McDonald
      Deny: Todd Greene

      And so I get a chance at the affirmative, I will debate this
      proposition with you as well:

      Resolved: The geological evidence shows that the Earth has been in
      existence more than 100,000 years.

      Affirm: Todd Greene
      Deny: Jerry McDonald

      I will also debate the following two propositions with you:

      Resolved: The astronomical evidence shows that the Universe is not
      more than 10,000 years old.

      Affirm: Jerry McDonald
      Deny: Todd Greene

      Resolved: The astronomical shows that the Universe has been in
      existence more than 100,000 years.

      Affirm: Todd Greene
      Deny: Jerry McDonald

      Oh.

      Wait a minute.

      I already offered to debate those topics. But then you wanted to
      change the wording to change the subject to evolution. And I wouldn't
      let you. So you backed out of the debate.

      Jerry, why did you back out of debating me about core doctrine of
      young earth creationism?

      Chuckling,
      Todd Greene