Re: Jerry, are you a member of David P. Brown's ContendingFTF list?

  • Jerry D. McDonald
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1 1:22 PM
      I have no idea what else you want me to do. The only list I have
      seen anything about anyone named Jim Wyly is on the CFTF list, and
      you claim to be the sender of those posts. So go bother someone
      else.

      In Christ Jesus
      Jerry D. McDonald

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1 2:32 PM
        <jerry@...> wrote (in part):

        > I have no idea what else you want me to do. The only list I have
        > seen anything about anyone named Jim Wyly is on the CFTF list, and
        > you claim to be the sender of those posts. So go bother someone
        > else.

        I would like you to give me a straight yes or no answer
        to the question in the subject line:

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1 7:48 PM
          Yes, I am! How does that help you in the least?

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1 8:08 PM
            Are you saying that CFTF list is different from ContendingFTF list?
            If so, I have to change my answer to "No," I am not a member of
            the "ContendingFTF" list. I am a member of the CFTF list.

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1 8:26 PM
              <jerry@...> wrote:

              > Are you saying that CFTF list is different from
              > ContendingFTF list? If so, I have to change my
              > answer to "No," I am not a member of the
              > "ContendingFTF" list. I am a member of the CFTF list.

              OK... Thanks. You're off the hook on that one, then.

              And thanks for posting the question to the CFTF anyway.

              Rick

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 2 7:43 AM
                I had no idea that there were two lists. I couldn't understand why
                you didn't know that I was a member of the CFTF list, but I went and
                googled the other one and found that it is a members only list. Does
                David Brown own both?

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 2 1:23 PM
                  wrote, in part:

                  > I (Jerry McDonald) went and googled the
                  > other one (ContendingFTF) and found that
                  > it is a members only list.

                  I remember when the ContendingFTF list had public access!

                  I remember when it went "members only"!

                  It wasn't all that long ago!

                  One may check the archives of this list to find information on those
                  developments regarding the ContendingFTF list.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 2 5:57 PM
                    <jerry@...> wrote:

                    > I had no idea that there were two lists. I couldn't
                    > understand why you didn't know that I was a member of
                    > the CFTF list, but I went and googled the other one
                    > and found that it is a members only list. Does
                    > David Brown own both?

                    Yep -- two separate lists:

                    but, Nope -- David P. Brown only owns the ContendingFTF list --
                    although it appears he and his "Truth" Bibleschool "boys"
                    have made a power grab on the CFTF list. CFTF, for all
                    its (many) faults, used to be a lot better list than it is
                    now since David P. Brown and his "boys" rode into town and
                    started beating up anyone who disagreed with them.

                    Back when I was allowed to post there, if anyone had used
                    the hateful tone that we now see there on a daily basis, that
                    person would have been gone. Jason Fox, one of the moderators
                    on CFTF, tried a while back to get the Brown boys to tone it
                    down a little and they basically told him to take a hike --
                    so he did, leaving only Sisman, apparently, in charge during
                    the prolonged absence of George Jackson, the original owner.

                    Robert writes:

                    > I remember when the ContendingFTF list had public access!

                    > I remember when it went "members only"!

                    > It wasn't all that long ago!

                    > One may check the archives of this list to find information
                    > on those developments regarding the ContendingFTF list.

                    For example, these:

                    In message #11440, I ask:

                    > Hey, Robert, who wrote this?:
                    >
                    > | We are glad to have witnesses to what we say, write and
                    > | do in such matters. Furthermore, we are not attempting
                    > | to keep back the "other side." In fact, all should welcome
                    > | an open forum in which all may in an orderly fashion ask
                    > | questions and receive answers... (W)e trust that those in
                    > | charge will not adopt the attitude conveyed by the title
                    > | of the classic country song, "When We Get Behind Closed
                    > | Doors."
                    >
                    > (Answer below.)

                    I still get a chuckle out of all that -- oops! that's
                    Todd's word, isn't it?