[M & B] Re: Goliath of GRAS -- VS -- "David" of McDonald

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, Jerry McDonald
      <jerry@...> wrote:

      > Robert is not blocked. I am corresponding with him.
      >
      > In Christ Jesus
      > Jerry D. McDonald
      >

      > w_w_c_l <w_w_c_l@...> wrote:
      > [Moderator's note]:
      >
      > My most recent understanding is that McDonald has
      > Robert blocked from being able to send him messages,
      > so I am forwarding this to the group:
      >
      > -------------------------------------

      <snip -- resumes below>

      From: "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...>
      To: w_w_c_l@...
      CC: rlbaty@...
      Subject: Will the real Jerry McDonald please stand up!
      Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:10:15 GMT

      Rick,

      It appears that Jerry McDonald is noting his communications
      with me without explaining why you mentioned my being blocked
      by him.

      That being the case, and his other shenanigans now being
      played out, I think it would be well for you to post his
      message following my name, for the record.

      You are welcome to add your commentary thereto. Perhaps
      Jerry will also explain his change in position.

      We do have somewhat to discuss, or so it appears.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
        --- In Maury_and_Baty, Jerry McDonald wrote (post #13478):
        [snip]
        > Yep, Dave, that's right! Professor Cohen stated that much.
        > All you have to do is to put the argument in the "if p,
        > then q" format and the argument is automatically valid.

        That is correct. That's what Robert also pointed out previously, what
        Rick pointed out previously, and what I pointed out previously, and we
        pointed it out and explained it numerous times.

        > Yes Andy, and the strange part about this is that if the
        > premise is true, then the conclusion must also be true.

        That is correct. IF the premises are true, then the conclusion must
        also be true. That's what Robert also pointed out previously, what
        Rick pointed out previously, and what I pointed out previously, and we
        pointed it out and explained it numerous times.

        > Therefore, Baty and his bunch have no other alternative
        > than to accept the conclusion that nothing is older than
        > 10,000 years and everything was created in sx literal 24
        > hour days.
        [snip]

        Ahhhh - but here is what poor confused incompetent Jerry can't get
        into his brain: "IF the premises are true, then the conclusion must
        also be true" does NOT itself say anything about whether or not the
        premises are true. It only says that IF they are true then the
        conclusion must be true, which is why the argument is "logically
        valid" EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE PREMISES ARE FALSE.

        hat's what Robert also pointed out previously, what Rick pointed out
        previously, and what I pointed out previously, and we pointed it out
        and explained it numerous times - and Carl Cohen told Jerry exactly
        the same thing. But, of course, Jerry in his incompetent confusion
        keeps ignoring this point.

        What he is demonstrating by example is that he is incapable of
        understanding this point, and yet despite his incomprehension and
        having the fact of his comprehension failure pointed out to him, he is
        going to purposely ignore his failure and then state all manner of
        false rhetoric based on his error.

        Same old, same old.

        - Todd Greene