Re: New poll for Maury_and_Baty

    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 1, 2007
      There is no statement of faith to endorse to join the Maury_and_Baty list.

      So, without reservation, I cordially invite David P. Brown, members of his ContendingFTF list, and members of the CFTF list, and all present non-members, to join the Maury_and_Baty list and voice their opinion as to who won the McDonald-Baty Debate.

      Feel free to withhold your vote until Jerry McDonald posts his final comments as to his side of the debate, although it is my considered opinion that, given Jerry's announced intentions regarding his final post, most folks can make an informed judgment based on the present record.

      This should be our most successful poll to date!

      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 31, 2009
        Maury_and_Baty group:

        The rule that "sometimes the antecedent is not stated because the reader can understand the meaning of the sentence without it; such as in the statement 'Yale beat us fair and square' (the antecedent of 'us' being clearly the team of which the speaker is a member.)", is legitimate and appropriate for purposes of evaluating biblical texts.

        o True!
        o False!
        o Abstain; you can't fool me!
        o I'm taking the 5th!