Re: REFLECTIONS - New Heaven & Earth!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2007
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
      "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

      > REFLECTIONS
      > by Al Maxey
      >
      > Issue #310 ------- August 6, 2007
      >
      > **************************
      >
      > With high woods the hills were crown'd,
      > With tufts the valleys and each fountain side,
      >
      > With borders long Rivers. That Earth now
      > Seem'd like to Heav'n, a seat where Gods
      > might dwell. --- from "Paradise Lost"
      > John Milton {1608-1674}
      >
      > **************************
      >
      > Paradise Regained
      > New Heavens & New Earth
      >
      > One of my faithful readers from England wrote me in
      > early May and asked if I would please consider doing
      > an in-depth study of the concept of the new heavens
      > and new earth.
      [...]
      > An integral part of this entire area of soteriological
      > and eschatological theology is the significant question
      > as to our God's original intent with respect to the
      > destiny of mankind...
      >
      > "And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was
      > very good" [Gen. 1:31]. As the old country preacher
      > declared, "God don't make no junk." God had created a
      > perfect world, and within it He placed man...

      I like Al a lot, but I disagree with virtually everything
      he says in this particular article.

      God said "Very good", not "Perfect". God knew before he
      ever said "Let there be light" where it would all lead.
      The Lamb was slain from before the foundation of the
      world.

      The idea that the laws of thermodynamics did not begin
      to operate until Eve bit the apple just isn't supportable;
      I already went through all this with Daniel Denham a while
      back.

      Yes, in a sense the Creation was "perfect" -- perfect for
      its purpose. But it was never built to last forever.
      This isn't Heaven. If it had been "perfect" there wouldn't
      have been any talking snakes roaming around in it, looking
      for impressionable young girls to deceive.

      Here's a clue; something I just happened to run across
      today:

      CP Symmetry (in Particle Physics):
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_symmetry

      So while the entire Creation does groan, waiting to
      be delivered, it can't be delivered until Man himself
      is redeemed -- otherwise the talking snake would be
      able to get into the New Creation and we'd have to do
      the whole thing over again.

      But don't stop writing, Al! I love what you're doing;
      we just have a different perspective about how utterly
      inadequate our human concepts of Time and Space and
      Energy are in conceiving a Timeless, All-Powerful God
      who cannot be contained even within the entire Universe.

      This isn't Heaven, but Heaven is right here with us.

      We are in Eternity now.

      Rick Hartzog
      Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism