Suggestion from Rick Hartzog

  • w_w_c_l@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi Attn: Robert Baty,

      Rick Hartzog stopped by Apologetics Press's Web site
      and suggested that you visit the following URL:

      http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/3414

      Here is their message to you....
      Notice that the author of this article, with a M.Min. degree, never bothers to mention Psalm 90:4 as the source for Peter's text.

      Apologetics Press

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
        Hi Robert Baty,

        Rick Hartzog stopped by Apologetics Press's Web site
        and suggested that you visit the following URL:

        http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/3412

        Here is their message to you....
        Here's the argument: 1. Evolutionists say dinosaurs couldn't exist with humans because the dinosaurs would have killed them. 2. But T. rex wasn't as fast as evolutionists previously thought. 3. Therefore, humans lived with dinosaurs.

        Apologetics Press

        http://www.ApologeticsPress.org/
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
          w_w_c_l@... wrote:

          > Hi Robert Baty,
          >
          > Rick Hartzog stopped by Apologetics Press's Web site
          > and suggested that you visit the following URL:
          >
          > http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/3412
          >
          > Here is their message to you....
          > Here's the argument:
          > 1. Evolutionists say dinosaurs couldn't exist with
          > humans because the dinosaurs would have killed them.
          >
          > 2. But T. rex wasn't as fast as evolutionists
          > previously thought.
          >
          > 3. Therefore, humans lived with dinosaurs.
          >
          > Apologetics Press
          >
          > http://www.ApologeticsPress.org/

          That would have been better stated as:

          1. Evolutionists say *humans* couldn't exist with
          *dinosaurs*, because the dinosaurs would've killed them.

          There are references in the article back to that old
          article by Harrub and Thompson, "Walking Amidst the
          Dinosaurs", another article by Lyons and Thompson, and
          and article by Harrub. Plus a couple of jabs at John
          Clayton.

          AP seems to be wandering around in circles these days.

          Rick Hartzog
          Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism

          P.S. Robert, I was wondering if you could click on the
          links and go directly to the articles.
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
            Rick,

            When I click on the link I get a white page like it is trying to connect, but it never comes into view! :o(

            That's what happens when I type the address into my browser thingy as well!

            I wrote to the WebTv folks just a short while ago (tonight) and asked about it.

            Maybe they'll have something relevant to say about it.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
              "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

              > Rick,
              >
              > When I click on the link I get a white page like
              > it is trying to connect, but it never comes into
              > view! :o(

              I looked at the source-code for the Apologetics Press
              pages; you're right -- there's a line in there that says
              <exclude = rlbaty>

              (just kidding...)

              > That's what happens when I type the address into
              > my browser thingy as well!

              Here, try this one:

              http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/print/3412

              Apparently the AP pages are set up for a fixed, rather
              than proportional, display width.

              > I wrote to the WebTv folks just a short while ago
              > (tonight) and asked about it.
              >
              > Maybe they'll have something relevant to say about it.

              I'm afraid about all they'll be able to tell you is that
              the AP site isn't WebTV friendly!

              And there isn't much WebTV is going to be able to do
              about that -- but you can get a pretty powerful computer
              these days a lot cheaper than a HDTV screen.

              I don't know much (if anything) about WebTV, but it seems
              like a good monitor would be easier on the eyes than a TV
              screen anyway.

              Rick
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                Rick,

                I still get just a white page when I tried your link.

                I got one response from a WebTv technician who said he checked the website and it worked for him.

                He referred me to another WebTv contact. I sent a query there; still waiting for a response.

                You may have been kidding, Rick, but I think you were right about that line in the Apologetics Press code! :o(

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                  "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

                  > Rick,
                  >
                  > I still get just a white page when I tried your link.

                  Huh. That's odd -- you ought to have been able to see
                  that one.

                  > I got one response from a WebTv technician who said
                  > he checked the website and it worked for him.

                  Now that's *really* odd.

                  > He referred me to another WebTv contact. I sent a
                  > query there; still waiting for a response.

                  I would be interested in hearing what they have to
                  say about that. Back in my website building days, that
                  was a sticking point with me -- I did everything by
                  hand in straight text so I would know exactly what was
                  going on with the page -- those HTML editor programs that
                  were so easy to use (back when they first came out) would
                  make a great looking page in one browser but would be all
                  garbled up in another, and you go to look at the source
                  code and there's all this needless "junk" in there that
                  you have to wade through to find out what the problem is.

                  I guess they've come a long way since then, but it's been
                  a few years since I did any of it. I've got a Dreamweaver
                  disc I've never even installed.

                  > You may have been kidding, Rick, but I think you were
                  > right about that line in the Apologetics Press code! :o(
                  >
                  > Sincerely,
                  > Robert Baty

                  Only pterodactyls would know how to do something like
                  that!

                  Unless... you're seeing into the future!

                  Rick
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 6, 2007
                    Rick, you wrote, in part:

                    > Unless... you're seeing
                    > into the future!

                    I can't see that far.

                    I do good to see through the rungs of a ladder!