Re: Focus / Think: Dr. Brad's new look!

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
      Rick,

      That other Brad from Apologetics Press is also still quite noticeable on the Internet.

      One of his pages is at:

      http://b_bromling.tripod.com/bio.htm

      While still apparently into "young-earth creationism", it looks like he's not promoting his prior association with Apologetics Press.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
        Rick,

        I take it back, in part! :o)

        Brad Bromling does make reference to Apologetics Press if you look far enough.

        He (Brad Bromling provides links to some of his articles and has this most interesting claim:

        > Some of the links will
        > take you away from my
        > site.

        > Also, please note that the
        > original publisher
        > (Apologetics Press) has
        > removed my name from
        > the articles because I am
        > no longer active in the
        > Church of Christ.

        > I regret the confusion this
        > may cause.

        Daniel Denham may want to get on that case and give Apologetics Press one of his "go to hell" speeches for not properly giving credit where credit is due!

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
          --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
          "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

          > Rick,
          >
          > I take it back, in part! :o)
          >
          > Brad Bromling does make reference to Apologetics
          > Press if you look far enough.
          >
          > He (Brad Bromling provides links to some of his
          > articles and has this most interesting claim:
          >
          > > Some of the links will
          > > take you away from my
          > > site.
          >
          > > Also, please note that the
          > > original publisher
          > > (Apologetics Press) has
          > > removed my name from
          > > the articles because I am
          > > no longer active in the
          > > Church of Christ.
          >
          > > I regret the confusion this
          > > may cause.

          I guess he felt like he couldn't get the folks in the
          Church of Christ to understand the thesis of his
          doctoral dissertation:

          Brad Bromling's dissertation:
          http://b_bromling.tripod.com/dissertation1.htm

          He pretty well spells it out in the first chapter.

          > Daniel Denham may want to get on that case and
          > give Apologetics Press one of his "go to hell"
          > speeches for not properly giving credit where
          > credit is due!

          Denham's busy over on the Way Forward list just now,
          I imagine. But while he's there he could certainly
          be giving just such a speech to Keith Sisman, regarding
          Sisman's plagiarized "history".

          That Way Forward list sounds pretty progressive to me.

          And progressivism is the same thing as liberalism,
          isn't it?

          Rick Hartzog
          Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
            "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote (in part):

            > Rick,
            >
            > Brad's "Focus" website, last I checked, was not
            > WebTv friendly.
            >
            > Also, though I don't recall mentioning it before,
            > I haven't been able to even access Apologetics Press
            > from my WebTv. I've had to use other equipement to
            > check developments there.

            My word, fella; break down and buy you one of those
            laptops they've been advertising in the banners at
            the top of these pages! You can get candy-apple red,
            tangerine, avocado, whatever!

            I know you've been saving your quatloos for that trip
            to the Tellicoe for the big debate, but it's looking
            more and more like that isn't ever going to happen...

            Rick
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
              Rick,

              Are you "just imagining" what is going on with The Way Forward list, or do you have some special insider information?

              I noticed where Brad said there was a stumbling block of sorts regarding his dissertation. Perhaps you are right about what that was all about. That first chapter, interestingly enough, also mentions a "creation-evolution" seminar that Bob asked his friend to attend.

              I had earlier noted the link to it, and thought you might find it and think it interesting, but I didn't actually read any of it myself until you commented on it.

              It sounds so very familiar!

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

                > Rick,
                >
                > Are you "just imagining" what is going on with
                > The Way Forward list, or do you have some special
                > insider information?

                I "just imagine" there are "some" who would like to
                know the answer to that! So shhh...

                We managed to get one of our operatives in there.
                Security's pretty tight, so we're under communication
                blackout, radio silence, so we might not hear anything
                for a few days. And who knows -- by then Dub McClish
                may have the whole thing up on a website, or we can just
                check the supposedly dismantled sons-of-demas site!

                > I noticed where Brad said there was a stumbling block
                > of sorts regarding his dissertation. Perhaps you are
                > right about what that was all about. That first chapter,
                > interestingly enough, also mentions a "creation-evolution"
                > seminar that Bob asked his friend to attend.

                Well, of course "Bob's" denominational friend "Larry"
                needs to be a young-earther, too, or Bob couldn't go
                hang out with him. But you see what a devastating
                effect just a seemingly innocuous thing like a cookout
                with the wrong crowd can lead to!

                > I had earlier noted the link to it, and thought you might
                > find it and think it interesting, but I didn't actually
                > read any of it myself until you commented on it.
                >
                > It sounds so very familiar!

                I think someone may have made some similar comments
                a while back on the coCBanned list -- about how the
                Church of Christ is known more for the format of the
                worship service than anything else; i.e. what defines
                a member of the Church of Christ basically comes down
                to what he/she does for a couple of hours on Sundays.

                Bromling did mention a propensity to engage in debate --
                I wonder whatever happened to all that?

                Maybe that's what they're up to on the Way Forward list!