Re: Focus / Think: Dr. Brad's new look!

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
      Rick,

      Brad's "Focus" website, last I checked, was not WebTv friendly.

      Also, though I don't recall mentioning it before, I haven't been able to even access Apologetics Press from my WebTv. I've had to use other equipement to check developments there.

      It would be nice if some scholarly historican would take up the task of writing a little history of all the staff folks of Apologetics Press who have come and gone over the years and the details of their "evolution" regarding "young-earth, creation-science" and whatever other matters may have affected their appearance and departure from Apologetics Press.

      Come to think of it, wasn't Bert's wife reported to still be a big supporter of the work of Apologetics Press? I wonder whatever became of that!

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
        Rick,

        That other Brad from Apologetics Press is also still quite noticeable on the Internet.

        One of his pages is at:

        http://b_bromling.tripod.com/bio.htm

        While still apparently into "young-earth creationism", it looks like he's not promoting his prior association with Apologetics Press.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
          Rick,

          I take it back, in part! :o)

          Brad Bromling does make reference to Apologetics Press if you look far enough.

          He (Brad Bromling provides links to some of his articles and has this most interesting claim:

          > Some of the links will
          > take you away from my
          > site.

          > Also, please note that the
          > original publisher
          > (Apologetics Press) has
          > removed my name from
          > the articles because I am
          > no longer active in the
          > Church of Christ.

          > I regret the confusion this
          > may cause.

          Daniel Denham may want to get on that case and give Apologetics Press one of his "go to hell" speeches for not properly giving credit where credit is due!

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
            "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

            > Rick,
            >
            > I take it back, in part! :o)
            >
            > Brad Bromling does make reference to Apologetics
            > Press if you look far enough.
            >
            > He (Brad Bromling provides links to some of his
            > articles and has this most interesting claim:
            >
            > > Some of the links will
            > > take you away from my
            > > site.
            >
            > > Also, please note that the
            > > original publisher
            > > (Apologetics Press) has
            > > removed my name from
            > > the articles because I am
            > > no longer active in the
            > > Church of Christ.
            >
            > > I regret the confusion this
            > > may cause.

            I guess he felt like he couldn't get the folks in the
            Church of Christ to understand the thesis of his
            doctoral dissertation:

            Brad Bromling's dissertation:
            http://b_bromling.tripod.com/dissertation1.htm

            He pretty well spells it out in the first chapter.

            > Daniel Denham may want to get on that case and
            > give Apologetics Press one of his "go to hell"
            > speeches for not properly giving credit where
            > credit is due!

            Denham's busy over on the Way Forward list just now,
            I imagine. But while he's there he could certainly
            be giving just such a speech to Keith Sisman, regarding
            Sisman's plagiarized "history".

            That Way Forward list sounds pretty progressive to me.

            And progressivism is the same thing as liberalism,
            isn't it?

            Rick Hartzog
            Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
              "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote (in part):

              > Rick,
              >
              > Brad's "Focus" website, last I checked, was not
              > WebTv friendly.
              >
              > Also, though I don't recall mentioning it before,
              > I haven't been able to even access Apologetics Press
              > from my WebTv. I've had to use other equipement to
              > check developments there.

              My word, fella; break down and buy you one of those
              laptops they've been advertising in the banners at
              the top of these pages! You can get candy-apple red,
              tangerine, avocado, whatever!

              I know you've been saving your quatloos for that trip
              to the Tellicoe for the big debate, but it's looking
              more and more like that isn't ever going to happen...

              Rick
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                Rick,

                Are you "just imagining" what is going on with The Way Forward list, or do you have some special insider information?

                I noticed where Brad said there was a stumbling block of sorts regarding his dissertation. Perhaps you are right about what that was all about. That first chapter, interestingly enough, also mentions a "creation-evolution" seminar that Bob asked his friend to attend.

                I had earlier noted the link to it, and thought you might find it and think it interesting, but I didn't actually read any of it myself until you commented on it.

                It sounds so very familiar!

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                  "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

                  > Rick,
                  >
                  > Are you "just imagining" what is going on with
                  > The Way Forward list, or do you have some special
                  > insider information?

                  I "just imagine" there are "some" who would like to
                  know the answer to that! So shhh...

                  We managed to get one of our operatives in there.
                  Security's pretty tight, so we're under communication
                  blackout, radio silence, so we might not hear anything
                  for a few days. And who knows -- by then Dub McClish
                  may have the whole thing up on a website, or we can just
                  check the supposedly dismantled sons-of-demas site!

                  > I noticed where Brad said there was a stumbling block
                  > of sorts regarding his dissertation. Perhaps you are
                  > right about what that was all about. That first chapter,
                  > interestingly enough, also mentions a "creation-evolution"
                  > seminar that Bob asked his friend to attend.

                  Well, of course "Bob's" denominational friend "Larry"
                  needs to be a young-earther, too, or Bob couldn't go
                  hang out with him. But you see what a devastating
                  effect just a seemingly innocuous thing like a cookout
                  with the wrong crowd can lead to!

                  > I had earlier noted the link to it, and thought you might
                  > find it and think it interesting, but I didn't actually
                  > read any of it myself until you commented on it.
                  >
                  > It sounds so very familiar!

                  I think someone may have made some similar comments
                  a while back on the coCBanned list -- about how the
                  Church of Christ is known more for the format of the
                  worship service than anything else; i.e. what defines
                  a member of the Church of Christ basically comes down
                  to what he/she does for a couple of hours on Sundays.

                  Bromling did mention a propensity to engage in debate --
                  I wonder whatever happened to all that?

                  Maybe that's what they're up to on the Way Forward list!