Focus / Think: Dr. Brad's new look!

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2007
      I had written:

      > I'm wondering if Dr. Brad is now a Free-Will Baptist!
      >
      > Something about some paper you have to sign to work
      > for them (AiG)...

      No, Dr. Brad attends Woodson Chapel church of Christ
      in Nashville, according to the information on his new
      website.

      Dr. Brad's new publication:

      http://www.focuspress.org/about.html

      > *Think* deals with difficult topics such as, stem cell
      > research, intelligent design, cloning, abortion,
      > homosexuality and other social issues that affect us as
      > we live in an increasingly perplexed society.

      Did you catch that? It's "intelligent design" rather
      than a 6,000 year old Earth. I don't doubt but what they
      still have YEC leanings, what with Dr. Brad's involvement
      with Ken Ham's new amusement park, but looking through the
      Focus archives I didn't see anything about humans and
      dinosaurs co-existing.

      Even in their article about Noah's Flood they seem to have
      distanced themselves from the concept of a worldwide event
      that is responsible for all the sedimentary rock.

      Could it be that Dr. Brad woke up and smelled which way the
      wind was blowing?

      They can't say we didn't see it coming -- we tried to warn
      Apologetics Press after that reel-in-rock debacle -- but
      they've been slow on the uptake. (Dr. Brad's biographical
      information doesn't mention a word about his former position
      as the head of the Apologetics Press Science Department.)

      It may turn out that by the time everyone gets through
      arguing over Dave Miller's appointment as AP Director, there
      won't be anything left to direct!

      Rick Hartzog
      Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
        Rick,

        Brad's "Focus" website, last I checked, was not WebTv friendly.

        Also, though I don't recall mentioning it before, I haven't been able to even access Apologetics Press from my WebTv. I've had to use other equipement to check developments there.

        It would be nice if some scholarly historican would take up the task of writing a little history of all the staff folks of Apologetics Press who have come and gone over the years and the details of their "evolution" regarding "young-earth, creation-science" and whatever other matters may have affected their appearance and departure from Apologetics Press.

        Come to think of it, wasn't Bert's wife reported to still be a big supporter of the work of Apologetics Press? I wonder whatever became of that!

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
          Rick,

          That other Brad from Apologetics Press is also still quite noticeable on the Internet.

          One of his pages is at:

          http://b_bromling.tripod.com/bio.htm

          While still apparently into "young-earth creationism", it looks like he's not promoting his prior association with Apologetics Press.

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
            Rick,

            I take it back, in part! :o)

            Brad Bromling does make reference to Apologetics Press if you look far enough.

            He (Brad Bromling provides links to some of his articles and has this most interesting claim:

            > Some of the links will
            > take you away from my
            > site.

            > Also, please note that the
            > original publisher
            > (Apologetics Press) has
            > removed my name from
            > the articles because I am
            > no longer active in the
            > Church of Christ.

            > I regret the confusion this
            > may cause.

            Daniel Denham may want to get on that case and give Apologetics Press one of his "go to hell" speeches for not properly giving credit where credit is due!

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
              --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
              "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

              > Rick,
              >
              > I take it back, in part! :o)
              >
              > Brad Bromling does make reference to Apologetics
              > Press if you look far enough.
              >
              > He (Brad Bromling provides links to some of his
              > articles and has this most interesting claim:
              >
              > > Some of the links will
              > > take you away from my
              > > site.
              >
              > > Also, please note that the
              > > original publisher
              > > (Apologetics Press) has
              > > removed my name from
              > > the articles because I am
              > > no longer active in the
              > > Church of Christ.
              >
              > > I regret the confusion this
              > > may cause.

              I guess he felt like he couldn't get the folks in the
              Church of Christ to understand the thesis of his
              doctoral dissertation:

              Brad Bromling's dissertation:
              http://b_bromling.tripod.com/dissertation1.htm

              He pretty well spells it out in the first chapter.

              > Daniel Denham may want to get on that case and
              > give Apologetics Press one of his "go to hell"
              > speeches for not properly giving credit where
              > credit is due!

              Denham's busy over on the Way Forward list just now,
              I imagine. But while he's there he could certainly
              be giving just such a speech to Keith Sisman, regarding
              Sisman's plagiarized "history".

              That Way Forward list sounds pretty progressive to me.

              And progressivism is the same thing as liberalism,
              isn't it?

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote (in part):

                > Rick,
                >
                > Brad's "Focus" website, last I checked, was not
                > WebTv friendly.
                >
                > Also, though I don't recall mentioning it before,
                > I haven't been able to even access Apologetics Press
                > from my WebTv. I've had to use other equipement to
                > check developments there.

                My word, fella; break down and buy you one of those
                laptops they've been advertising in the banners at
                the top of these pages! You can get candy-apple red,
                tangerine, avocado, whatever!

                I know you've been saving your quatloos for that trip
                to the Tellicoe for the big debate, but it's looking
                more and more like that isn't ever going to happen...

                Rick
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                  Rick,

                  Are you "just imagining" what is going on with The Way Forward list, or do you have some special insider information?

                  I noticed where Brad said there was a stumbling block of sorts regarding his dissertation. Perhaps you are right about what that was all about. That first chapter, interestingly enough, also mentions a "creation-evolution" seminar that Bob asked his friend to attend.

                  I had earlier noted the link to it, and thought you might find it and think it interesting, but I didn't actually read any of it myself until you commented on it.

                  It sounds so very familiar!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                    "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

                    > Rick,
                    >
                    > Are you "just imagining" what is going on with
                    > The Way Forward list, or do you have some special
                    > insider information?

                    I "just imagine" there are "some" who would like to
                    know the answer to that! So shhh...

                    We managed to get one of our operatives in there.
                    Security's pretty tight, so we're under communication
                    blackout, radio silence, so we might not hear anything
                    for a few days. And who knows -- by then Dub McClish
                    may have the whole thing up on a website, or we can just
                    check the supposedly dismantled sons-of-demas site!

                    > I noticed where Brad said there was a stumbling block
                    > of sorts regarding his dissertation. Perhaps you are
                    > right about what that was all about. That first chapter,
                    > interestingly enough, also mentions a "creation-evolution"
                    > seminar that Bob asked his friend to attend.

                    Well, of course "Bob's" denominational friend "Larry"
                    needs to be a young-earther, too, or Bob couldn't go
                    hang out with him. But you see what a devastating
                    effect just a seemingly innocuous thing like a cookout
                    with the wrong crowd can lead to!

                    > I had earlier noted the link to it, and thought you might
                    > find it and think it interesting, but I didn't actually
                    > read any of it myself until you commented on it.
                    >
                    > It sounds so very familiar!

                    I think someone may have made some similar comments
                    a while back on the coCBanned list -- about how the
                    Church of Christ is known more for the format of the
                    worship service than anything else; i.e. what defines
                    a member of the Church of Christ basically comes down
                    to what he/she does for a couple of hours on Sundays.

                    Bromling did mention a propensity to engage in debate --
                    I wonder whatever happened to all that?

                    Maybe that's what they're up to on the Way Forward list!