Re: Translators, David P. Brown & my "Goliath of GRAS" family of arguments!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
      In Maury_and_Baty, post #11486, Robert Baty quoted David P. Brown
      extensively on his comments regarding debate. As we have all noted,
      David Brown is thus rather hypocritically selective in how he applies
      HIS OWN points.

      My only additional comment is about this one:

      | 3. Was the Bible used as the ONLY
      | standard of measurement in attempting
      | to prove and disprove matters?

      Just as I noted in a previous post on this point, if this was truly
      the case, to be applied "across the board" (and I note here that
      David Brown himself may not actually intend this, since he may
      recognize that there are contexts in which this would simply not be
      applicable - for example, trying to figure out why the refrigerator
      quit working - even though his behavior on public record here in
      regard to creationism indicates that he does think it applies even in
      cases where the truth can be determined by empirical examinination of
      the real world itself), then Christians should be completely ignoring
      all scientific discovery and still teaching that the Sun orbits the
      Earth, since this is exactly what is indicates by all biblical
      statements that are relevant to the subject. The fact of the matter
      is that the ONLY reason we know otherwise (that the Earth orbits the
      Sun instead of the other way around) is by scientific study of the
      real world.

      Of course, David Brown, and the other young earth creationists of his
      group, completely ignored this point, just as they completely ignored
      many, many other relevant points in the discussion. The poor young
      earth creationists simply cannot deal with reality. And THEY KNOW IT.
      Which is why they deliberately ignore such points and refuse to deal
      with them.

      - Todd Greene

      [cc: David P. Brown]