Just how hard David P. Brown and his boys were hit!

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
      Here's that link again from the anonymous message I got from Daniel Coe's ReligiousDebates list, plus the relevant information from the home page of that new list:

      GDebates ? GoliathDebatesChurchOfChrist

      Messages
      Post

      Members Only
      Files
      Photos
      Links
      Database
      Polls
      Calendar
      Promote

      Info
      Settings

      Group Information

      Members: 1

      Category: Debates

      Founded: Jul 24, 2007

      Language: English

      Group Settings

      Membership does not require approval
      Messages do not require approval
      Anyone can post messages
      Email attachments are not permitted
      Members cannot hide email address
      Not listed in directory

      Activity within 7 days: (No Activity)

      Description

      This group allows for participants to engage in written debate. Uses of this list:

      1) Present a problem, such as Robert B. is interested in.

      2) See Robert B. post the same messages over and over.

      3) Disagree with Robert B. and risk being hounded for the rest of your life.

      4) Go away and listen to Robert B. proclaim Goliath victorious again.

      This list is for discussion about anything as long as Goliath is mentioned at least every other message.

      Most Recent Messages
      (Group by Topic)

      (No messages for this group)

      Group Email Addresses

      Post message: GDebates@yahoogroups.com

      Subscribe: GDebates-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ------------------------
      ------------------------

      My further comments:

      I do think that the setting up of that list, apparently by one of David P. Brown's cowardly little girlie-boys, provides further direct evidence of just how hard David P. Brown and his boys have been hit by something as simple and logically valid as my "Goliath of GRAS" and those two other arguments constructed from the claims of David P. Brown and his boys themselves.

      David P. Brown and his boys not only have trouble making an argument, they have trouble recognizing one when they come face to face with it, and they have trouble dealing with it.

      In these recent discussions, they simply have been unable to handle the truth.

      They've run!
      We've seen them run!
      See them running still!

      Looks they just might have a few more tricks up their sleeves as they die again and again the deaths of the cowards that they are!

      Rick, this new development is just the sort of thing you were talking about earlier, isn't it?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
        "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

        > Here's that link again from the anonymous message
        > I got from Daniel Coe's ReligiousDebates list, plus
        > the relevant information from the home page of that
        > new list:

        <snip>

        > Rick, this new development is just the sort of thing
        > you were talking about earlier, isn't it?
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Robert Baty

        You mean where I said every day I think they've reached
        the ultimate low in childishness and hypocrisy, and then
        they go and surpass themselves?

        Robert, I'm there! I couldn't resist testing it out!

        It works!

        I forwarded a few messages to it, but then I saw I wasn't
        going to be able to delete them if I wanted to unless I
        joined, so I joined! A ground floor opportunity!

        No holds barred! Whoever set it up for us isn't going
        to be able to do much bragging about it -- we can start
        gathering our far-flung messages together into a single,
        handy public place where they'll be easier to locate for
        redistribution.

        It won't take our anonymous owner long to figure out
        how corrupt his/her young-earth fantasy is, and what a
        futile and time-consuming task he/she has taken on for
        him/herself.

        Unless, of course, he/she is just going to let the place go
        and thus become an instrument for distributing all the
        sex ads that manage to get posted on lists set up like
        the GDebates list is... But as I said, every day they
        surprise me.

        Rick Hartzog
        Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
          Of course, when you join you get a welcoming message:

          > Welcome to the GDebates group at Yahoo! Groups.
          >
          > Goliath first and last. Touch him, see him, smell him.
          > Hear him talked about until he runs out of your ears.
          > Hear him claim victory and never die or sleep.
          >
          > He's a complicated man, but no one understands him but
          > his woman.
          >
          > Goliath!

          Let's see -- didn't we come up with a female version of
          "Goliath" somewhere along the way? "Delilah of the Deluge"
          or something? I can't remember what it was just now.

          I'm pretty sure we could send "Goliath's" "woman" out
          after these knuckleheads and they would soil themselves.

          They have sown the wind.

          Rick

          --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2007
            Rick, you wrote, in part and in response to my question:

            > You mean where I said
            > every day I think they've
            > reached the ultimate low
            > in childishness and
            > hypocrisy, and then they
            > go and surpass themselves?

            Yeah, that's it! How low can they go?

            Today I start my move, so you & Todd will have to watch the place for me.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2007
              Pretty hard!

              See my comments below Robert's message:

              "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > P. Brown and his boys have been hit by something as
              > simple and logically valid as my "Goliath of GRAS" and
              > those two other arguments constructed from the claims
              > of David P. Brown and his boys themselves.
              >
              > David P. Brown and his boys not only have trouble making
              > an argument, they have trouble recognizing one when they
              > come face to face with it, and they have trouble dealing
              > with it.
              >
              > In these recent discussions, they simply have been unable
              > to handle the truth.
              >
              > They've run!
              > We've seen them run!
              > See them running still!
              >
              > Looks they just might have a few more tricks up their
              > sleeves as they die again and again the deaths of the
              > cowards that they are!
              >
              > Rick, this new development is just the sort of thing
              > you were talking about earlier, isn't it?

              Well, Robert, looks like there have been some more recent
              developments.

              The Group Settings have been changed so that now you
              have to be a member to post there, and the Description
              has been changed to:

              > This group allows for participants to engage
              > in written debate. Use of this list is primarily
              > to discuss the same types of arguments you will
              > find on the Maury_and_Baty group found at the
              > Related Link below.
              >
              > The Goliath argument is too big for one list, so
              > it must spread across the internet. This is just
              > an insignificant little list. If it can serve a
              > useful purpose as an outlet for those who want to
              > discuss such things, it will be a valuable addition
              > to the world.

              There is even a link back to the Maury_and_Baty list.

              In addition, our anonymous poster has disappeared and taken
              his messages with him.

              For the time being I think I'll just keep his true identity
              to myself, but it is highly debatable whether he can properly
              be characterized as one of Brown's "boys". It may be that
              his continued anonymity will serve as an asset to "us", even
              if only because it is unquestionably a liability to "them" --
              there are things going on "behind-the-scenes" that Brown and
              his boys could never guess.

              There's something rotten in Denmark!

              Ha! It's pretty fundy -- I mean funny -- Robert, even when
              it isn't overtly obvious:

              We win! We still win!

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2007
                Rick,

                You continue to do some pretty good work regarding these matters and developments.

                Of course my "Goliath" is bigger than any Internet discussion list. As I've said many times, it is everywhere young-earth, creation-science is seriously discussed; either implicitly or explicitly.

                Please do keep up the effort and inform us of developments.